Santander account changes

It has its faults, for sure, but don’t they all?

One thing they do better than Monzo is signalling from the opening splash screen how to get in touch via chat. There’s no need to search using just the right syntax.

3 Likes

Actually I find this pretty annoying, since the screen comes up every time you want to login to the app (which also takes a decent amount of time to load even at the best of times).

I wouldn’t mind it if they had an option for “Don’t show this message again”, but they don’t at the moment. Hopefully they will add one.

I do agree, though, that splash screen messages for very important announcements are a good idea and it would make sense if more banks used them.

5 Likes

That was a bit tongue in cheek. The Santander app has improved massively in the last year or so.

I would be tempted to say if it was at this point when I first heard of Monzo, I might not have opened a Monzo account

Ironically it is Mozno who have likely caused the Santander app to change

2 Likes

I remember about three years ago, when the Santander app as it is now was being beta tested under the name “Santander Flite”.

When I first downloaded Flite, I was amazed how much they had improved from their previous (terrible) offering. So they are making progress, as Lloyds Banking Group and Barclays have!

1 Like

You think?

I find Lloyds and Barclays too chock-full of adverts for other services, the Lloyds app especially to the point of getting in the way – on the home screen there are at least three which cannot be dismissed, meaning accounts go off the bottom of the screen.

Edit: Just looked. SEVEN clickable things on the Lloyds home screen which aren’t to do with going into an account. Too much.

And I can’t view my credit card minimum payment amount in the Santander app, which is massively inconvenient.

1 Like

I didn’t say they don’t have further to go!

But if you actually stop and think about it, almost all banks have made major improvements since the beginning of fintech. It has helped push them to be better.