Rumour Lloyds looking at Mondo?

Did any one else hear about this ?

It would be really sad for Mondo to sell out at this stage. Fingers crossed Mondo continues the way it is.

2 Likes

Great response by @tom in that article. Love it. :laughing:

7 Likes

With Mondo being possibly a couple of months or less away from obtaining their restricted banking licence and continuing with the next exciting stages of their development with Android, current accounts … etc I don’t think there is any chance that Lloyds at this stage would be able to buy Mondo or Mondo would even be considering any bids if there were any - they have too much to gain from these next developments to even consider selling up at this stage or even in the next few years - it going to be a 5 - 10 year project to fully realise Mondos potential value - unless someone came up with silly money - :wink:

3 Likes

If it meant they could accelerate their Road map and start offering Full Bank accounts quicker I would be happy for them to join with Lloyds.

There’s no truth to it. It’s simply rumours.

1 Like

How do you know that ?

Guessing that was aimed at me. I work for LBG and I’ve talked to @tristan

2 Likes

Glad to hear that @Jkb114! What makes :mondo: unique is that it is not part of a big banking group. I for one would think that it would be a disaster for them (and me!) if they were bought by any of the big banks.

2 Likes

Yeah I am too. I totally agree. There’s too much bureaucracy here. We are trying to move towards agile methodologies but we’ll never be able to do it as well as a company like mondo

1 Like

I’ll admit I’m pleased to hear that too. Just as @RossA states it’s the fact :mondo: isn’t part of a big group that makes them attractive. Currently I bank with Nationwide and there’s certainly nothing inherently wrong with them; however it’s good that Mondo have come along and are shaking things up a bit. Thinking differently. Being unique; quirky even. Involving it’s customers. Moving banking to an always-on experience.

Above it all however, it feels nice to be part of something that is just different.

2 Likes

100% agree with @anon95680666’s and others’ comments. I think Mondo is just scratching the surface of what’s possible.

To quote Peter Thiel (recounting Yahoo’s $1 Billion offer for Facebook in 2006):

"the argument Zuckerberg finally came down on like this: "[Yahoo] had no definitive idea about the future. They did not properly value things that did not yet exist so they were therefore undervaluing the business…

The most successful businesses have an idea for the future that’s very different from the present–and that’s not fully valued"

1 Like

If Lloyds bought Mondo I’d stop using them straight away.

2 Likes

Guessing you don’t like Lloyds?

@anon72173902 just really hates horses.

3 Likes

Are you serious Chris or just horsing around?

3 Likes

There’s neigh point in avoiding the mane issue here.

3 Likes

Is that the consensus from a Gallop poll? :racehorse:

1 Like

Stop horsing around and get back on topic!

3 Likes

Hi All, I am a share holder in Mondo and what I am about to say may not sit comfortably with some of you but with us now due to leave the EU and the possibility that credit markets might start to tighten I really think Mondo should start talking to Lloyds and do a deal and if the rumours about Lloyds and Mondo are not true then maybe Tom needs to pick up the phone and call the guy in the link to make them come true

A take over would immediately remove the headache of having to raise another £15 million and we would instantly be able to start trading as a bank.

A mondo owned by Lloyds is better than no Mondo at all.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/lloyds-names-deals-boss-despite-174149293.htm