Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) chat

You can’t order a chequebook yourself. You have to ask via chat for your first chequebook, so everyone ordered theirs the same way.

Due to cost cutting, all cheques are now the same, just printed with the various brand logos. It’s just the way it is. Also the cheques can’t say 1 Fleet Street because that’s no longer the address. Manchester is their customer operations centre.

6 Likes

Yes I was thinking of this.

It would be a waste of your time, RBS employee time and paper.

1 Like

Your first cheque book needs to be ordered via chat. Then you can order replacements online.

But it will just be the same boring blue and black chequebook. It’s all the same now.

Now that you mention it, I should focus on getting my driving licence :joy:

Personally, I’d think not having a single point of contact was not an improvement. Of course they wouldn’t say that in the email though. Maybe it’d be good if you have a single POC, and then if they weren’t available you get put through to another one. Do they allow things to be done by email or not now there isn’t a specific contact please?

The contact doesn’t really bother me as I don’t think I’ll ever use them lol

Quick question - Am I still meant to have a photo of a random child on my debit card in the app? It doesn’t even have the new purple branding.

It’ll change in a few days once your card is ordered.

1 Like

I’ve had this for nearly a month

Oh. Have you got the card?

Yep. Used in multiple times, both online and in-store.

Yes I still have the photo of the random child too. Had mine for a few months now.

Random child is for Visa cards. Mastercards show the actual design.

2 Likes

Hopefully, they decide to change this at some point, but who knows. Maybe they aren’t planning on keeping people with Visa for very long considering the shortish expiry date, so might not see the point of changing it?

I too still have this card image, and it’s been there for a few months.

Such a shame that Drummonds and child & co don’t work with the Apple wallet integration

2 Likes

It’s a big shame considering RBS does work, also I think you can get the Drummonds and C&Co to work with it if you have another standard RBS card to add at the same time.

I think @WhyAydan has it working this way.

1 Like

Yeah I had to set it up via my credit card then ticked the other accounts to be included.

2 Likes

I disconnected my RBS account and went through the process again, which allowed me to select both accounts but it still shows nothing and doesn’t give me the option to connect when I go into the Child & Co card.