Round up your Monzo purchases automatically!

Agree with this comment

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but I hope this works with all transactions including direct debits in future.

2 Likes

There should be an option when creating savings accounts (pots) to be able to save into one regularly by rounding up transactions made on your current account card.

There is. You turn on rounding up on whichever pot you want

4 Likes

More info on round ups here, make sure you’re on latest app version and it should be there for you:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or you can use IFTTT to do this

I really like this functionality, but is there any way of me switching off the little pot-coloured dot that shows with transactions where they have been rounded? I kind of want to forget the pot is there and pretend that I have paid whatever it has been rounded up to. It is hard to do this when that dot is showing on almost every transaction.

I am hoping that, when pots can have custom images set, you can set it to a transparent PNG :smiley:

Haha - that would certainly solve it! :see_no_evil:

It wouldn’t hide them completely because the images have a white outline so you’d still see it :wink:

1 Like

I know but not really want to waste time with all the extra steps & the result is not easily viewable on a small screen (eyesight not too brilliant). It also give wrong impression of your actual spending because it is not right figure! Would rather see it like foreign currency transactions.

1 Like

Solutions to feed very annoyingly no longer showing what have actually spent due to rounding but not cluttering feed for Monzo to implement please?
Either
1)An on/off option to “show roundup in feed once a day”
Or
2) Show the round up amount separately on same line say, inside the round up piggy icon

In the mean time
3)Get an account with IFTTT and learn how use applet

Are you going to look into the Save the Change feature where all the transactions are rounded up to the nearest £1 and moved into a different pot?

My previous bank had this feature and it was useful.

For example, if a transaction was £1.49, £0.51 would be moved to the other pot.

It all adds up after a while. Of course this is optional for everyone but it might be good for others.

Yes, Monzo does this already. Simply create another pot and tick the round up transactions toggle and you’re away.

More info here:

8 Likes

Sorry I completely missed it. Thank you!

2 Likes

Has this broken for anyone recently? Two days in a row my round up has randomly stopped working and I’ve had to turn it back on. :thinking:. Been fine since launch until now.

1 Like

Same here. Random switch off of rounding up.

It’s been reported under this bug report:

2 Likes

I have to say I’ve had no problems so far with the roundup pot, it has slipped my mind a few times and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how much I’ve set aside.
I’ve added a lock to it now as well and can’t access it until 1st December 2019 so hopefully by that stage it’ll be a healthy little bonus
iOS app