Revolut chat

He’s on twitter. Knock yourself out. https://twitter.com/chadwesttweets

2 Likes

Did you pay the £4.95 delivery charge for the physical debit card? Conversely, did you use a referral code for sign-up, to receive £10?

Free card, referral code for sign up (£10 sign up + £10 after first use)
4 or 5 friends referred (£10 each)
So far, bagged 3x £100 Amazon gift vouchers for £80 too. (regular promo)

I do upgrade to the premium (£5.95) whenever we travel, as this is still cheaper than the 2% charges for higher ATM withdrawals, and also use this time to deposit cash should I need to.
(Also like that you can upgrade or downgrade at any time)

1 Like

So, do Monzo fans dislike Rangers FC or just anyone with differing viewpoints and is critical of Monzo?

I’m not seeing anything so distasteful here to warrant avoiding a company on the basis of the personal opinions of one of their employees.

2 Likes

Having had a good look at what I can find about Chad West, I still can’t see what the problem is :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

I posted without comment. :wink:

1 Like

Best case - radio silence is because they’re negotating with partners for Plus. While Monzo have a culture of transparency, it’s rare for other things to do so, and when they work with Monzo their desire to keep things quiet overrides Monzo’s desire to be transparent.

I presume it’s the now deleted tweets that were the problem

1 Like

Unfortunately, I signed up without being aware of a referral. I am now loathe to pay the £4.95. I do like the app though, and they do offer a free ‘virtual’ card for internet transactions. I also use the separate euro account, but, of course, Revolut offers a much wider currency range.

Monese also offers an internet platform. You can’t transact on it, but you can check activity and balances.

To be honest I don’t ‘trust’ Monzo any more than I do the likes of Revolut, Monese or TransferWise. They have all had bad publicity. And I say that as an investor in Monzo. I suppose it’s all a question of assessing and managing risk.

1 Like

Does the FSCS protection Monzo has count for nothing to you?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

Those kind of problems seem to occur with a lot of startups that grow very big very quickly. We don’t really see executives from large companies freely voicing their opinions on a public platform for a reason. Opinions and thoughts can change too, so past deleted tweets aren’t something I’d hold against them.

1 Like

They could easily say “We’re working with partners and will get it in place soon”

1 Like

It does, but you’re not really trusting Monzo in this sense. They could still fail and shut down; a plausible scenario given that they’re struggling to find a way to generate profit. You’re trusting the FSCS

1 Like

Your reply has lost the context of my post, by only selecting one part. Hence my comment about risk.

As an investor, I have 2 things to lose, my balance and my investment. Also FWIW I think the FSCS is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Never trust a body that keeps changing its name. Same for the various ombudsmen. A personal opinion.

2 Likes

I think in an armageddon scenario the FCS protection would be like a chocolate fireguard , however if you had a million quid would you put the whole amount in to a bank with or without FCS , would you spread it between banks with FCS protection or just put the whole amount in to a bank offering 1.7% interest but no FCS protection ? whatever you think about the pointlessness of FCS protection the human nature I think would say look for FCS protection first

None of the above, it would be in assets :slight_smile: (property)

Edit - but for my day to day spending (which, if I was that well off would all be on reward cards which would be paid off each month), I wouldn’t keep more than say, £100k in a bank account.

2 Likes

lol shares have just lost 13% +++ this week , I assume your point would be that there are more kinds of “assets” :slight_smile:

1 Like

They do occasionally run free card promotions for existing customers :slightly_smiling_face:
Possibly worth keeping an eye out.

going a bit off topic … I wonder how lucky Revolut feel having closed the funding round before the “crash” if it continues or is “just” a blip / correction / depression

1 Like

A lot of the turmoil in the stock market being put down to the lack of trading due to this coronavirus.
Personally, I think it will put itself right before too long.

1 Like