Revolut chat

Are Revolut using GPS for their visa cards also?

Revolt do use gps for their card processing.

They use their own in house processor for the Visa cards. Not sure about older MasterCards issued previously in the UK

Ooh, good to know

Edit - Ah I’ve spotted what’s going on there. Whereas Tanya’s piece said they have bought issuing in-house. She reported that they will bring processing in-house. Based on today’s outage, looks like they haven’t yet. I haven’t seen any news saying that they’re using their own processor for Visa cards?

Edit 2 - this story from the 19th June said that both Revolut & Starling were still clients -

Strange that they didn’t mention MasterCard cards only being affected today then -

Also, as far as we know, Starling still uses GPS (I’ve not see any announcements that they don’t anymore) & they were affected too.

5 Likes

Revolut did only say some cards were having issues. Those cards could be the MasterCards within Revolut as good percentage of the cards will still be MasterCard compared to Visa cards.

In the end its just speculation.

1 Like

They’ve confirmed it was their payment processor on twitter, as in the 3rd party they use. Both visa and MasterCard users are reporting failures

1 Like

Interesting, as I remember them refering to third-party processor in the past, in contrast to our processor this year.

But who really knows what is happening behind the closed door at Revolut. The are as transparent as concrete wall.

1 Like

They’ve done a blog on it today. Say their processor will be ready at the end of year

5 Likes

All clear now! It seems that for the first time they wanted to point out that it was not their fault. Great. As a long term Revolut user, I would like to see them doing it more often, not only when they get pushed into the corner. Thanks for the link @Rat_au_van and I do love your cat avatar too! It makes me miss mine!

4 Likes

Today Revolut’s CEO revealed they have between 300k and 400k daily active users despite having over 2million “accounts”.

That means 80-85% are not using it daily.

2 Likes

I love that response, straight and to the point. Kudos to them!

Interesting that they’ve only got around 400k daily active users, but I guess that’s the problem with marketing your product primarily as a travel card - a lot of people will use it once and then forget about it, or only use it exceptionally during holidays.

Would be interesting to see how many daily active users Monzo has.

4 Likes

I have a revolut MasterCard, how do I get the visa :thinking:

I am not surprised as for many people including myself it is really great travel card to manage various currencies, not an everyday card. The rates Revolut provide are interbank rates and beat Visa and MasterCard everytime on weekday. I’ve used it in 10 different countries in the last 2 years and can assure you will not get better rates with Starling or Monzo. But it is only one of the criteria… Also, here in the UK we are spoilt for choice for various neo-banks. For folks in other parts of Europe, Revolut is the only available non-legacy offering.

2 Likes

Just order a second physical card. Revolut cards issued in the UK for the past 5 months have been Visa. You will need to pay for it, though

only shows mastercard option, does it just send visa anyway?

The last time I order card from them, early this year, MasterCard was displayed in the app but the card that arrived was Visa.

If you want to double check with them, you could always type in live agent in their in-app chat, grab Tolstoy’s “War and Peace” and they should get back to you in a few days :rofl:

3 Likes

I have just ditched them.

Oh, no! Why would you? In today’s sterile and boring world, only Revolut can give you sudden adrenaline rush! Where is my money? Has it gone through? Is my cash with crypto exchange or did it go missing? So much fun! :joy:

11 Likes

You missed out “will I be sent a rude GIF or be attacked with snarky comments” :smile:

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of trying to get customer support from Revolut!

3 Likes