Revolut chat

No, no other transactions to rate anymore :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

My app is also no longer Beta. Maybe that’s why it’s not showing any more.

Edit: it’s resolved and back showing beta now. Odd.

1 Like

Aug 2022
Difference between using Revolut VISA

vs Revolut Mastercard

1 Like

I always found the Standard visa card to have messy merchant data.

MasterCard would update properly within 24 hours.

Visa Premium had variable data vs MasterCard data.

Probably a huge task but to do what monzo have done would be good. Or for monzo to branch it out and make money off their hard work through other banks/providers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fake Revolut website :expressionless:
Most funny about, it was noticed as a paid ad on YouTube :thinking:

1 Like

Need to tag Storonsky if he’s on Twitter.

I also seen Revolut in the list of Which? Best banks and it ranked quite high!

Ignore the link. Says 2018 :upside_down_face::cry:

Edit edit:

Actually it is accurate as Chase is there :sweat_smile::raised_hands:t3:

:heart:

3 Likes

:partying_face:

6 Likes

How nice for them

1 Like

If your an FT subscriber it’s a good read on where Revolut is

4 Likes

I read this the other day.

Nothing we haven’t heard before.

1 Like

Revolut has 42% off Metal for Black Friday. £120 £70

4 Likes
1 Like

These come out across every bank almost, customer falls for spam call and willingly follows instructions to lose all their money.

Yawn.

5 Likes

I’m with you. My view’s the same as I shared in the Starling thread

3 Likes

My favourite (?) thing of that article is the fact that “defrauded” is now used by the BBC :raised_hands:

4 Likes

That’s because it’s the correct term.

The first woman was told not to do what she was doing. Explicitly. Do not do this. And she did it anyway; handed a complete stranger control of her bank account.

6 Likes

And the bloke who lost £50k? There are huge holes in his story (as presented by the BBC). If he downloaded a remote management app on his computer, how did that lead to his Revolut account being emptied without his knowledge? Surely one needs a passcode/password to log in and transact?

3 Likes

I wasn’t arguing it was the wrong word. I was raising it as a lot of people on here hate it - I however like the word

1 Like

Read this article this morning, sighed heavily at the “I can’t trust them [Revolut]” bit, as if them not reimbursing the customer makes them the problem here.

And this bit stood out too:

The fraudster said her bank account was under attack, and persuaded her to download some software that allowed him to take control of her computer.

He too was called by fraudsters, who persuaded him to download desktop-sharing software that let them take control of his computer.

I know not everyone agrees and that in the heat of the moment when you’re stressed you may not think straight, but I still cannot get my head around the notion that someone from your bank would phone you up, claiming your account is in some sort of danger, and that that person, supposedly from the bank, who would have full control on the screen in front of them to lock your account in an instant without any involvement from you if it was a legitimate threat, would ever need you to install software on your computer, which isn’t linked to your account in any way, as the only possible way for the people that literally work at the bank to protect your account. A few moments of critical thinking to question why someone at the bank would need software to be installed on your computer to protect an account at the bank they work for, would have avoided it happening. I’m sorry but it’s simply a case of personal accountability.

3 Likes

I think it was just Monzo when they got a tad arrogant around what they thought was their ability to create / redefine words. My memory was that the community was pretty united that the word is (and remains) “defrauded”.

3 Likes