Remove Monzo Plus Page

If you’re not on the beta, the new toggle is in today’s update - check the Play Store

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Is it just me, but the wording under Personalised Marketing just reminds me of warnings I read when dealing with cookies.

Namely, you’ll still get marketing, just not personalised!

4 Likes

Yeah and I’m not entirely sure that would have stopped the multiple push alerts.

It’s all a bit wishy-washy.

All I want is a way to dismiss the adverts.

Has anyone tried the upgrade and cancel method?

Its a shame they would send a card out, I wonder if that’s still the case if you cancel a few seconds after confirming.

1 Like

At the start, not sure if it’s changed or where you’re at in the process in that screenshot above, but you could definitely choose to not have a Plus card.

There was confusion about those that chose not to have a Plus card, still getting a replacement Coral if/when they cancelled. But I think that was changed.

1 Like

I’m wondering do the people with Plus get adverts for the Premium?

I don’t, but there was a screenshot in one of these threads where someone had a Premium card to the left of their accounts, where others are seeing Plus.

I only have the “Upgrade to Premium” badge pill thing on the accounts overview page.

Edit

It was @j06

1 Like

:sweat_smile: yeah I could imagine getting rid of the Plus bollocks to then get it replaced with a Metal card, and…

Introducing our shiny new metal card

New with Monzo Premium

I’m also wondering if they advertise again to those that cancelled? :thinking:

Everyone should complain about the ads in the live chat functions of the app. Chats clearly cost monzo x amount and surely would start to get the message accross. Yes Monzo is free but so are other banks like Natwest that don’t pressure you into products you don’t want.

I don’t think you should take up valuable CS time if it’s just the corner of a card or a new menu item. But repeated push notifications would push me to message chat

1 Like

NatWest does a bit on their banking app though, I seem to remember there was always a box on the home with some nonsense in it. Or something like how to stay safe online, and they weren’t dismissable.

Just checking on Halifax and it has a dismissable alert on Covid, but then a box just below with identical content that you can’t dismiss. Something about recognising a scam. It’s all clutter.

I think Starling is the only one I know that doesn’t other than the yearly look what we’ve just build overlay which importantly doesn’t appear again once dismissed.

I’ve just checked my natwest app and nothing. Same with nationwide.Yes both apps have a section where you can see other products and apply for them but I think the main point is that they don’t send any type of promotional notifications or huge adverts where I would expect to find content I’m looking for.

1 Like

When I had NatWest I never saw a “What could Premier do for you?” adverts so I guess it’s not quite the same as Monzo shoving it in your face. I did see one for loan and overdraft, that’s pretty standard.

If you have the notifications on, I’ve been getting them regularly. As well as promotional emails, banners etc in the app. I’ve since turned them off for other products. It was almost every day, it felt like a lot. CS time is valuable, and that’s why I suggested it.

Exactly. I don’t even mind Monzo telling me about potential overdrafts etc. I don’t want to be non-stop bombarded with information about other accounts though. Could you imagine the AMEX app sending notifications? or putting advertising card details on every page?

This was my image. I assumed I got a Premium card image because I had taken Plus and cancelled a month later (so the system knew there is no point in advertising Plus again to me).

1 Like

Getting annoying, for me it’s moving about all over the place. Researching alternatives.

Starling

2 Likes

Halifax have not once EVER done a push notification to me trying to advertise things. Nor do they put an ad in my transaction list. There’s one bank example

My Halifax app, interspersed with my account list on the homepage:

• Find out more about Coronavirus help
  • Account upgrade options
  • How my money is safe with Halifax
  • Get a mortgage with Halifax
  • Another Coronavirus link
  • Link to more information on Open Banking
  • Find out more about “My Extras” which seems to be something about cashback
  • Another link about cashback immediately underneath, seriously
5 Likes