Remove Monzo Plus Page

Yeah, that’s what I said but I find The Guardian to be one of few who don’t lean too far to either side.

Not sure they can steal from themselves, them having started in the US, but otherwise agree

It’s a bit odd, but also rather pleasant sometimes, to read about my football team with no actual match reports!

At risk of continuing the somewhat off topic side-discussion, I disagree. I used to enjoy the Guardian. Their perspective on things aligned up with my own views, so they’re not immune to such biases. I stopped supporting them when their bias became blatantly obvious that their journalism was starting to push a political agenda. An agenda I mostly agree with, mind you, but couldn’t support either way, because they no longer felt as objective. Their recent reporting of the Johnny Depp / Amber Heard is their most blatant yet, in my opinion, because they’re ignoring facts, and evidence, that don’t fit with their agenda.

1 Like

Like @N26throwaway I feel the Guardian does indeed promote its views/agenda considerably on various topics such as Brexit where it is pretty one sided rather than being objective

2 Likes

This is really bad. I thought I’d accidentally subscribed to Monzo Plus!

Feels a bit shady and growth-hacking-at-all-cost.

2 Likes

How did you get to that page?

Every time I press the home button since the latest update it goes straight to this page, pressing home again actually gets me back to where I was expecting to be 🤦

I had it disappeared and it’s all been turned back on.

:face_vomiting:

Still hoping for that yes I understand you have plus and premium products, and no I don’t want these displayed anymore.

1 Like

Well this is not great. Been with Monzo since March 2016 and this is the first time I’m thinking about moving elsewhere.

My account is not an ad!

4 Likes

Good luck finding a bank that doesn’t promote its services to customers.

Feed ads, notifications etc is intrusive. But a corner of a card in a place you never go and instead would just be white space, what’s the big deal?

4 Likes

I find how this is currently displayed entirely obtrusive. I scroll through pots quite often and end up on the ad.

1 Like

Strangely it doesn’t show up on mine now, but then I used to have Plus but cancelled it. Now I have to go looking for it in the Settings page (where the account and pots are listed vertically). Signing up and cancelling is a pretty extreme way to remove the clutter though…

Then you’re scrolling the wrong way.

Pots and accounts :point_right:
:point_left: 1 Advert

6 Likes

The “Oooh, shiny.” slogan is particularly vomit-inducing.

Monzo’s famous tone of voice just got hijacked by the interns. Did all the capable adults get made redundant in the lockdown cull?

7 Likes

Yes, I agree. It’s a terrible, terrible tagline

Unless you’re a magpie

1 Like

4th push alert now. They really want me to upgrade.

Also when I tap it takes me to the metal card not the plus.

First time I got one. And to be blunt. I don’t want my bank sending push notifications for products. Seeing the monzo logo on my Lock Screen made me think there was a transaction I wasn’t expecting.

Shouldn’t it only send if you have News & Updates on

Or is Plus classed as an important thing.

Probably a way to prevent another, Im not sure how they classed the push though.

What about the “Personalised marketing” toggle?

Hear about features and updated based on how you use Monzo

Overview (so your accounts are in a list) > hit the wheel top right > Privacy & security >

1 Like

:confused: