Refund Merchant Details

I’ve noticed that when I receive a refund (either automatic due to a preauth not going through or a manual one), despite the raw merchant details being the same, the icon and merchant details on Mondo don’t seem to carry over. And of course it affects stats, etc as it appears as a different merchant.

Should I be resubmitting these details?

1 Like

It looks like the issue there is with the parsing of the address details

Sounds similar to the issue I encountered. Refunds are definitely a strange beast.

https://community.monzo.com/t/submitting-better-merchant-information/1623/13?u=christophorus

Yep, please report and we’ll fix it! We’ll also be working on better matching refunds to purchases to fix this in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I’ve been switching my payments over to mondo today I’ve had quite a few authorisations be taken and some have been refunded. I’ve noticed this same issue myself in that refunds from Netflix and WWE Network both came through as random merchants with the location on both in Romania. It was a little hard to submit correct info though - because there was location data there it was asking me to give an address which I don’t know. It would be handy if when searching merchants it would also show major online companies such as Netflix and allow us to submit that. Great to hear this is something you’re aware of and improving though.