Receipt icon

(Tony) #1

I love the idea of receipts and I know that there are a number of suggestions for improvements to this area (OCR, emails, etc), however my suggestion is very simple. I’d just like something that easily identifies which transactions have a receipt attached to them when looking at your transactions in the home area. Whether that is an overlaid item on the merchant icon, like a little paperclip :paperclip:, or something prefixing the note (if there is one) with a suitable emoji, well that’s up to you! BTW, I realise I could manually modify the note for each transaction to do this, but it must be fairly simple to identify transactions with attachments within the app, right?

How about have Clippy pop up and say You appear to have an attachment do you wish to open it :slight_smile: just like the old versions of MS Office

(tom) #3

Good suggestion.

If you use search, the “paperclip” icon on the right shows all transactions with attached receipts.

Or if you tag a transaction “expenses” it gets a little orange note in the feed.

Neither of these suggestions directly solve your problem, but they may provide a workaround?

(Tony) #4

Not clippy!! Noooooo!!!

(Tony) #5

How do you tag a transaction as “expenses”?? I’ve never seen mention of an orange note either, and certainly can’t get it to show.

(tom) #6

That might be an iOS thing for now… tap the category label on the transaction screen. Coming soon to Android!

(Tony) #7

Ahh right, I have iOS, I didn’t realise you meant to change the category to expenses. That is useful to know, though. Thanks.