Private Medical Insurance

It would be a good fit to offer private medical insurance as an option within Business Banking. It’s something that would be fairly easy to bolt on versus something that’s quite complex to arrange as a very small business.

Why it’s a good fit:
If you call to make a claim on private medical insurance from within a large company the insurance company tends to say “yes”.
If you call to make a claim on private medical insurance from a personal policy the insurance company tends to say "no.
By being inside a large umbrella such as Monzo perhaps the behaviour of the insurance company could be more like the former and less like the latter.

I think I’ve heard Tom talk about the benefits of deals with companies for very large numbers of people. This would be a case where the benefit wouldn’t just be a better price but a better behaviour from the supplier.

1 Like

Why leave it to business banking? This is probably a feature I would pay for in a premium personal account if it offered something like this instead of useless gadget insurance…

I could definitely see the benefit of a business buying all types of insurance for to cover itself and its employees through Monzo.

Not sure if the joint claims thing through Monzo would work, but it definitely sound like something worth exploring.