Prepaid top up cards remain?

Quite a lot, actually.

1 Like

Fair enough! So which of your concerns arenā€™t addressed by the security features that Monzo provides now?

I can see the point of having a card that only has access to a limited amount of money. Iā€™ve seen recommendations in the past for people to have a bank account that they transfer money into to spend abroad or online etc. So if something happens and the card is stolen or cloned, the account gets emptied but their main account is still safe.

Iā€™d be reluctant to have all of my money in one account and then regularly use a debit card from that account. Even if the money is returned, having your cash tied up while you discuss the fraud with the bank is not ideal.

If I use a credit card abroad or online and it is cloned, I get to argue with them over whether they will debit my account, or even kill the DD.

I almost never use my debit card for these reasons.

3 Likes

Me neither. Iā€™ve not used a debit card connected to my main account for maybe 10 years or more. I destroy the card as soon as I get it.

Until I got into using these pre paid things I relied on credit cards (which were regularly blocked for fraud) but now Iā€™m so sick of cards I want to dump them completely.

Jeez. I thought I was paranoid.

Lol on a more serious note, when the current accounts are launched you can still choose to only keep Ā£X on your Monzo account, thereby having the best of both worlds.

7 Likes

I cannot deny I find your comments deeply offensive. If others think it is appropriate to label concerns of others as ā€˜paranoidā€™ then so be it.

Iā€™m sorry that youā€™re offended but no offense was intended, clearly. It was a harmless joke.

Weā€™re all adults here capable of participating in reasonable online discourse. Not sure how youā€™ve gone this long if youā€™re offended this easily.

4 Likes

Hmm.

Spending 4 days with the police makes me think my concerns are not completely valueless.

Thatā€™s cool. I donā€™t care about your concerns.

You asked a question and I answered it. Iā€™ve already said I didnā€™t mean any offense but clearly you arenā€™t comprehending that.

3 Likes

Okay. You donā€™t care about criminal activity. So noted.

Iā€™m going to close this thread for now, as weā€™re a little off topic here. Feels free to continue the original discussion in another thread! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes