Pixelbook now available for £699

Google just knocked £300 off the price of a Pixelbook :grinning: Very tempted at that price!

This deal is apparently only available between now and the 26th Nov.

5 Likes

That price for an i5 and 8GB of RAM is not bad at all!

3 Likes

Early black friday?!

1 Like

Hmmmm…that’s a bit of a pain. I’ve pre-ordered the slate for dev work and as a media consumption device. This makes cancelling and just getting a pixelbook tempting :neutral_face:

Ooooo. Tempting.

Thanks for always being the tempting devil.

I’m quite interested in one of these but why? What benefit does it give me over a £250 Chromebook? It’s still Chrome OS so certain restrictions apply.

2 Likes

Build quality is nuts on this thing - I bought (and returned) one wa few months after launch, it’s an amazing device but you’re right… It’s so limited :grimacing: That’s partially because I expect too much of Chrome OS but also because 8GB ram doesn’t feel like much for Chrome :see_no_evil: especially as a heavier user - YMMV.

This this was a dream to type on as well, I might consider picking on up again now that the price has dropped but I get the feeling ill still be limited by what I can do :see_no_evil:

1 Like

And that kinda answers my question. Beautiful but limited.

1 Like

Right now? Build quality and additional RAM, I guess.

There’s some indication that in the future you may be able to dual boot with Win 10. If that’s the case - that’d be perfect. I’d use Chrome OS almost all the time and if I needed to run something on Win, I’d keep a very minimal Win 10 dual boot with probably just 2 or 3 things.

2 Likes

Really want this, but I’ve only had my Asus C302 for just over 2 months - so I’m not sure if I can justify going for it :sweat_smile: