Pending transaction drop off

(Seaneen Carmichael) #1

Hi there is a pending transaction on my account how long will it take for it to drop off, as it was a security check for the card.

(Danny) #2

https://community.monzo.com/search?q=pending%20transaction

(Marta) #3

Hi @Seaneen83 :wave: It should be refunded within 7 days and will appear as a separate item in the feed (showing +£1 what whatever was the amount). If it’s more than 7 days, you can ask via chat to check this transaction.

@Danny wow, much class, I’m absolutely speechless. :wink:

(Danny) #4

Regular Google me :smile:

(Hugh) #5

Do you mean LMGTFY?

I this case LDSTFY = Let @Danny Search That For You :wink:

(Dan D) #6

No idea how Now TV do theirs, but it taken a month to get my 10p back. Not that I’d even realised until the refund came through :sweat_smile: I’d assume maybe the pending transaction was processed and just returned later?

(Kevyn) #7

I’ve started to contact customer support flagging up active card checks which deduct the balance instead of notifying you as I class them as bugs now with the CA.

Since I’ve done this, I started to notice that I was gaining more ‘Active Card Check’ notifications instead of deductions plus Monzo refunded me straight away instead of waiting the 7 days.

(MikeF) #8

Not sure why it’s suddenly a bug that iTunes reserve £1.58 (or whatever) as an active card check?

Or are you saying Monzo should insulate the user from seeing that sort of thing if they know what it is?

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.