Overdraft Feedback

Okay that part I have done. Since August :eyes:

1 Like

It’s there somewhere by the freeze bit.

Swear I feel like the new @anon72173902

I think I did mine a few weeks ago and it came through on the 12th Jan

lol, you will love it… next up is a ban from Slack :eyes:

2 Likes

It’s the lack of communication surrounding this which is the problem. If you’re not eligible you should be told this, otherwise you’ve got no way of knowing whether it just hasn’t rolled out to you yet or not.

Originally we were told people who’d filled out the preview request form would get an email if they’re not eligible but all many of us got was the ‘incorrect email’ message sent in error.

Right now the lack of communication is very un-Monzo like. :wink:

4 Likes

The emails were only for incorrect emails (Monzo unable to match your email to your account) not if you were not eligible. So you still wouldn’t know.

Maybe @cookywook can shed some light on the idea of refusal messaging etc & see where it’s at.

Have you messaged in app to see if you’re not eligible?

if you read through the various threads on here, you eventually figure out that if you signed up ages ago, you’re not eligible yet. At least that’s the impression I’m getting.

The blog post and the page about overdrafts doesn’t make it clear that it’s staged roll-out either. So anyone new signing up would also think the overdraft options are missing.

As it’s not a fully live feature they do not comment in app chat. Only I guess if you have one and need to discuss.

A bunch of us who’d used the correct email got sent the incorrect email message in error.

I can’t remember which thread it was but it was said that if you’d signed up to the preview but weren’t eligible you’d be told this.

I just realised we are not on the original thread discussing rollout but the feedback thread. And aside from rollout feedback I cannot add to this one yet. We should move over to the other one Here

It’s the link I just posted above but specifically said while overdrafts were in preview (which I believe they still are) you won’t be advised if you are not eligible.

You are right I hadn’t seen that. Absolutely I would be reporting an issue as the option is missing if I didn’t know the background.

1 Like

As daft as it sounds not being eligible would still be testing out the functionality.

You see the option
You apply
Your are advised you are not currently eligible and can contacts COps to discuss further if needed.

Any update on how overdrafts are progressing? It’s been silent almost 20 days :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

This is the cause of my first gripe with Monzo.

I understand there is a roll out, and users who are “eligible” may receive a notification about the ability to apply for an overdraft.

But how would a user know if they are not eligible?

I have asked support this question in many different forms but there hasn’t been a clear answer.

Why is the overdraft clouded in secrecy? This goes against what Monzo stands for.

What other financial service exists where a user does not know if they will or won’t be eligible?

2 Likes

They probably don’t want roll out the overdrafts too quickly - spread over 400,000 users, that could leave them with a liability of say 400 million if they lent 1000 to everyone. So they’ll be doing it slowly to make sure they’re on top of the amount lent and results. Not sure if overdrafts count for bank leverage ratios not, but there are limits on what they can lend if so, related to their deposits at any given time. That’s speculation though, maybe the reason is something else.

I agree though it’d be nice if people who were not being offered one could be told in their app somehow the reason for this and whether they would get one eventually. The problem for Monzo is they probably don’t know at this stage what they will do in future, and are just playing it safe for now while they test the feature. Frustrating for those who really want one but can’t find out what the hold up is though.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I have 3 payments tomorrow which will take me into my overdraft. They come through as 3 separate notifications, it would of been cleaner is these come through as 1 notification with the total amount that is due out tomorrow?

IMG_0912

Also, it would be nice if there was a feed item reminding me about the transactions tomorrow as if I dismiss the notification there is nowhere in the app I can see how much I need to put in to cover the overdraft! :frowning:

6 Likes

People need to know if they are eligible for an overdraft! It shouldn’t be a secret.

1 Like