Our all-new Savings Pot is here šŸŽ‰

I donā€™t think thatā€™s fully changed. I think itā€™s just now needs to be explicit that third party saving ports arenā€™t interest bearing.

2 Likes

To you perhaps. It didnā€™t to me.

Anyway, Iā€™m out. Itā€™s a good pot, I think Monzo have done a good thing here and the 1.5/3 mix, whatever it is, is nice.

Iā€™ve also deleted any examples I may have used to try and explain my understanding as on reflection this is probably not helping matters.

3 Likes

Still canā€™t see the new Savings Pots.
Would the fact that I briefly enabled and disabled it in Labs be the reason?

Latest version of the app.
I uninstalled and reinstalled it as well. No luck.
Anyone else not seeing them yet?

I guess Iā€™ll need to contact Monzo support.

Hey @panbar yep you will have removed yourself from the rollout :see_no_evil:

If you reach out to Customer Support they should be able to get that added back on for you (If you ask the Savings Team to tag Jack or me we will be able to get this sorted for you :hot_coral_heart: )

Edit: can you try now to see if that is fixed for you?

6 Likes

Just dumped all my individual pot savings into this and got my spreadsheet on Google sheets so I know how much is for what. I like seeing the daily interest total in the ā€œmanageā€ tab.

Several savings pots would be nice but for the small effort of maintaining my spreadsheet Iā€™m not that bothered.

9 Likes

@bukisule have you guys considered doing LISAā€™s? Would be :fire:

3 Likes

Erm. Hi, hey, hello any chance of those exclusive Instant Savings pot images being leaked released somewhereā€¦ you know those pick once and never get to see them again, even if you edit the instant access savings pot you created ones :smile:
I would really like to use them for other pots if possibleā€¦ please, Iā€™m totally not begging.

8 Likes

For me it was the talk of 4% / 4.5% further up, compounded by the constant examples that were given. Now that Iā€™ve gone back to viewing these as two completely separate offers and payments it makes a lot more sense :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m still not 100% sold on Monzoā€™s implementation, but at the very least it no-longer makes sense for me to hold my savings with Marcus, so everythingā€™s with Monzo now. Will be keen to see if rates rise or fall with the market over the coming months.

7 Likes

Just curious what this looks like? Have you just created a table indicating the subgoals for that pot or something?

Weā€™re yet to see whether these interest payments will show up in the data export. Hopefully they do, but if this new savings pot was built off the system used for the 3rd party pots then itā€™s unlikely.

1 Like

I do this for all my savings accounts.

Column A is the account name, B the current rate, C the type, eg EA RA RS FT, D is the total, E is date of last activity on account, F onwards are the individual causes/reasons/pots that make up D :+1:

3 Likes

I can see it now, yes!
Thanks for sorting this out so quickly!

3 Likes

Need sub-pots within a savings pot more than ever now!

1 Like

How do you set something like this up?
Iā€™ve been thinking about doing the same for a few days now but Iā€™m awful at spreadsheets

2 Likes

Mine is very very basic, hereā€™s an example screenshot. I donā€™t track the interest as thatā€™s shown in the ā€œmanageā€ feed of the savings pot in Monzo.

It basically shows the total per ā€œpotā€ and what the total is at the bottom, anything more than that is interest I guess. I may add the interest % in future but I whipped this up in 2 minutes just for now lol.

6 Likes

The whole point of Monzo is to get away from spreadsheets like this - however nice and effective they might be!

I really appreciate the financial offer, but it seems dissonant amongst the wider Monzo mission.

Unless thereā€™s been a change in strategy and Iā€™m out of date?

6 Likes

I do agree because before this I didnā€™t need the spreadsheet.

1 Like

Yep Iā€™m back to having a spreadsheet too.

I donā€™t mind that there are pots that donā€™t bear interest, particularly pots that are more transactional e.g. the likes of a Bills pot, or Flex pot, but it would be nice to be able to have more of these instant access interest bearing pots from monzo.

I think itā€™s testament to all the hard work that has went into this new type of pot that so many of us want more of them. Well done to all who brought it into being.

18 Likes

Great feedback, agree limit of one super annoying. Me and wife use joint account as a single household view of all our finances, so having to use personal / joint pots defeats that purpose. Shame. Will prob still regress for the interest and just talk to the wife :joy:

2 Likes

Looks like Monzo have updated the wording in app for the premium 1.5%. I think this is clear.

I note though that they havenā€™t yet updated the T&Cs (which still refers to Savings pots being excluded)

15 Likes

Up until now Iā€™ve been a bit whatā€™s the point of round up if I canā€™t get any reasonable interest, especially with all the small transactions that it creates (I have my full financial history in Moneywell) and this change has got me to enable roundup and see how it works.

1 Like