Other bank accounts in your Monzo App?

@tom really wants us to find a way to let people see and track their credit scores in the app. It’d be great if we could add noddle and clearscore as services.

3 Likes

@simon I’m already using ClearScore so it would be good to be able to see it through the :monzo: app!

2 Likes

@simon both use Equifax… I have used both Noddle and Clearscore and I don’t rate them at all in fact I just find Equifax ‘light on data’ compared to Experian.

1 Like

What’s the benefit? You’d just be legitimising the random algorithms they use when we’re assured by lenders they don’t pay any attention to them.

4 Likes

It would be a quick way to prompt the user to check the full report, without taking the screen space of displaying every aspect of the report.

Though I do like ClearScore’s positive/negative summary approach.

I can’t be alone this month in getting a couple of notices from banks and building societies about changes to terms and conditions to allow “Open Banking” from January 2018. One of these (Coventry BS) is talking up the use of third party services that will offer this integration using APIs.
I don’t think I would rush to use this myself, but if I did warm to the idea, I’d def look at a Monzo service.

i use both of those as well - and experian on my barclaycard

10 positives :white_check_mark:

ClearScore is utterly rubbish - it does not give me my Equifax score.

Also, how much can you cram into the monzo app? Keep it, lean, clean and simple - please!!

3 Likes

There are ways to introduce cool things like this without bloating the app - it requires good UX and UI design but so far Hugo and team have done awesome :+1:

Good points but then again no bank has ever been this ambitious before. And then where does banking end and when is it ok to leave out functionality?

Personally I’m cool with using a handful of financial services legacy and fintech alike all of which do a set thing.

I use Moneydashboard, if you can create a better app than theirs, great.
Other commentators worried about passwords, just chill, I never had any problems. Your existing bank which says they won’t be responsible if there is a fraud and you didn’t keep your details secure: they won’t ever know you’re signed up to an aggregator website.

Not sure this the right attitude imo. They do know - it’s called access logs and they will care (ever heard of insurers doing their level best to get out of claims?)

1 Like

Right - instead you might as well have the app have the ability to read teabags to predict the future…

1 Like

My view is that, security/trust issues aside, there is a view that ‘less is more’. The Monzo app (post integration of the two apps after full roll out of CA is already heading away from that at some speed. Only hindsight will tell us if we have lost the kernel of the apps value in a drive for convenience.

As an investor I want to see Monzo grow and increase its appeal to more people.
Will the alliance with Yolt/ING be of significant benefit to Monzo?

No, clearscore uses equifax, but Noddle uses callcredit

I swear I see Equifax on Noddle site when they first started out…

i think there may have been a switch but they definitely use callcredit now

Because I use a password manager, my passwords are 24 characters including three digits and three punctuation characters. I believe that is safe from brute-forcing of any hash, even MD5.

Disagree, now you’ve told me the rules your passwords follow I can feed that into JTR and probably get a pretty good success rate. (This is why specific password requirements are very bad: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/08/passwords-under-assault/)

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WPny7wk960&t=2s

2 Likes