Yes, one card to manage all virtual accounts.
I don’t want 6 card with pin codes to remember etc…
I want one card, with a manageable number of account and manage my card default linked account from my phone!
Meaning, for day to day usage, my card would be set to my default account. For larger purchase/holiday switch to another account until I set it back to my default. Etc. So one card for all my spendings, day to day, buffer, emergency, holiday saving, business trip (expense),short term… etc…
Now there are regular vendor/standing order etc… (amazon, Netflix,BT) which you do not necessarily want to use the account currently defaulted.
here I would expect a lock mechanism, to link a vendor to a specific account…
I just describe what I had in mind, Andy I don’t want to specify the HOW I’m sure Monzo got talented architects to look into it, but if that can be of any help capturing my idea: That’s how I pictured it from a UI point of view…
Main landing page.
- main landing page displaying all accounts with one Monzo card icon showing to which account it is currently linked to (Multilayer, similar to iPhone wallet)
- each account could be Color coded for navigation ease…
Note: ability to change card linked account is key feature
Specific account page:
- when selecting a specific layer/account, it display all transaction history as current Monzo app.
- ability to transfer between accounts (obviously)
- to lock a vendor to a specific account, user select one existing transaction (which is the link between vendor/account) put a locker icon option on that transaction, which pop confirmation request screen to lock all transaction from that vendor to that account.
- some account can be more sensible than other, and a possible feature would be to use a freeze button similar to card freeze but at account level.
Locker management: after a while there might be quite some vendor/account locks.
Simply list vendors and put suggestive icon to break the lock.
Well, I know it is not just 3screens, and likely beast from a development point of view.
But that would be my dream card!!!
I believe this would be a good driver to get people to use Monzo With broader purpose and reach customers larger assets then current daily spending.
Other feature in mind:
- Reset to default account at midnight. (Optional)
Some people may not want that feature at all.
- possibility to easily create (up to X account) and kill/merge them
This is not the same suggestion as integrating one Monzo card to all vendor (Tesco etc). Which would be an integration nightmare and would kill the technical potential growth Monzo has
I’ve seen several request to share one account with multiple card