ODI Open Banking Standard

Hi Mattstibbs,

Two of us from Mondo (Oliver and I) were on the Open Banking Working Group committee and had input into the report. We’re huge fans of open APIs, so it was hard to say no when we were asked.

The main things I was hoping to see emerge from the process was support for JSON/Rest and support for OAuth2 and OpenID Connect (Log into third party sites with your Mondo account).

I’m pleased to say both were agreed to, so the final API Standard won’t differ very much from what you as Mondo alphas are enjoying already :slight_smile: .

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next, there’s talk of a smaller group of people working more closely to produce version 1.0 of the standard, and hopefully something will be published this year.

For us, having other banks and fintech type companies out there with open APIs will be a huge validation of what we’re building. It’ll also mean we can do things like; import your transaction history into Mondo when you switch to us, or compare offers from different banks and service providers right in your Mondo app.

4 Likes