Octopus Saving Sessions

I’m not quite at @davidwalton levels

1 Like

Quite happy myself

I’ve had pretty mixed results. But I hadn’t tried the PowerRinse™ method until the 23rd, so we’ll see soon if I did it correctly;

Anything is better than nothing!

I misfired on the 15-March session somewhat (mainly bad timing of the session), so the previous session on 21-February is still my best attempt so far - given that the latest session results from the 23-March aren’t in yet…

1 Like

Mines still calculating.
Funny that is lists all the other sessions as ‘not opted in’ well, they wouldn’t let me opt in as you need a smart meter, they shouldn’t shame me for it :smiley:

I’m sure others have saved a lot more, but overall happy enough with a few quid back for no action on my part beyond a couple of clicks.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.04.34

I managed 40p but was only able to take part in the last three. One of those I forgot about and the last one I couldn’t really be bothered with so just turned off all the lights.

I lazily did all but one session, noticed yesterday a couple of mine said they couldn’t get readings from my meter so gave me the average octo points for those sessions.

Just waiting for the final one - where I used the @davidwalton rinsing method™. :eyes:

1 Like

I’m getting better! (I didn’t purposely do anything to impact this)

1 Like

I didn’t top my 21-Feb session result last time unfortunately.

But ended up with 43,520 Octo points (£54.40) over the winter saving sessions to credit to my account, so well worth a bit of effort.

1 Like

That is worth the effort! :open_mouth:

Ours is ~£16, better than nothing though. Especially since we didn’t do anything different.

2 Likes

Meh. Totalling £3.75 over 11 saving seesions. That’s doing stupid stuff like sitting in the dark with the TV off and unplugging the fridge. Really not worth it for me, but it’s free to join in I guess.

Definitely not worth £3.75 for that!

But then I’m not really surprised… I think you need to be shifting your usage of the washing machine, dishwasher, oven, heating, hot water tank, tumble drier, electric car charger, etc.

There probably is scope for smart technology in fridges to play a part in this but unplugging manually isn’t the solution.

Did you somehow use more during the sessions?

I got £1.69 from two, but I didn’t do anything different at all. And that’s how I’ll always use it I think. If I make 50p a session by opting in, well that’s better than nothing for clicking a button.

My last 3 sessions they couldn’t get a reading, strange because they are getting enough readings to see my daily usage. :man_shrugging:t3:

Little bit of PowerRinsing™ meant I earned about 10x more points than previous attempts. Cost me around £6 more than a usual low usage day;

Are we due any more saving sessions do we know? :eyes:

It’s ended now as far as I know.

1 Like