Octopus Saving Sessions

I am fairly certain it’s electric only. Read up a few posts to see the David Walton Power Rinse :tm: and follow suit.

1 Like

You can always change your DD to whatever you like. Before I switched to variable DD I used to reduce mine to £1 when I went too much into credit.

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

I’m only paying £133 a month so I don’t really mind, not far from what I used to pay before all this, obviously just use less heating which has now become our new normal.

Everyone rinsing currently? :eyes:

1 Like

Oh yes, car pulling 32A, Dishwasher 9A, Washing machine 8A, Oven 5A, ASHP pulling 4A and all lights on. Had a shower and boiled kettle for washing up water after doing ironing, About to start vacuuming and there’s still 1hr20mins to go.

My smart meter useage LEDs are nearly permanently on :zap: :money_with_wings:

I completely didn’t even think of doing this!

BRB, going to go iron for an hour

Ooh - Octopus rewarding opt-ins for this session with 33% more Octopoints per kWh, because it’s the last session. Nice :octopus: :+1:

Don’t forget - using as little electricity as possible starts at 6:30pm :chart_with_downwards_trend: and ends at 7:30 pm :chart_with_upwards_trend:

My bill for :zap: was £35 for the whole of the month (thank you tracker) so I’m not bothering

1 Like

I joined for this one but forgot again. I would only have saved a few pence, anyway (cutting down by around 100w or so).

What in the lord.

Is it cheaper on tracker?

Our end of gov support energy bill is going to £185 :upside_down_face:

Yes, because the wholesale price of gas and electricity is quite low at the moment on average, so you’ll save on any tariff that tracks it.

2 Likes

Not sure I’ll ever win with the energy bills in this house to be fair.

Only one of us tries to be energy conscious. The other boils half a kettle for one brew :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Only half a kettle? I had a partner who did that and left the door wide open in winter whenever they went out to empty the bins, etc…

1 Like

Eek.

Same goes for running a bath every other day. We don’t have a combi boiler so heating the tank for one bath is not ok. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bath every other day? Showers is where it’s at, love my showers

1 Like

Nothing better than a good bath though

2 Likes

Take it you’ve never experienced your whole Monzo bank account rounding to a whole pound with no remaining pennies across all pots?

That hits differently.

3 Likes

That would distress me. I like the organic feel of pence

3 Likes

Showers all the while!

Takes me longer to run a bath than I’d ever wanna be sat in it. Generally only when I’m ill I will have a bath, but I really gotta be feeling it :joy:

2 Likes