Number of Monzo Users

Kind of pointless feature with the Golden ticket thread isn’t it? If you’ve put multiple tickets in there you’ll just see a list of people you don’t know?
Shame we can’t track number of people who’ve used your physical golden cards.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not interested in seeing those user’s figures. But it’ll be cool to see how people who have ‘sold’ Monzo to others have got on.

Not many users have access to those.

2 Likes

Will this include referred as well as Golden Ticket?

I guess. I’ve given out over 10 now I think.

1 Like

Haha by chance so you run a chocolate factory ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure, that’s one for Zancler I’m afraid.

Drum roll please :drum:@alexs

My fiancées Monzo number is!… 201,856

Card activation was today :grimacing::hugs::slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

Today’s blog post also revealed that Monzo users have now spent a quarter of a billion pounds on their cards :tada:

& included a nice GIF :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My friend signed up Tuesday and got her card yesterday… user #206174

5 Likes

Friend activated yesterday (after 6pm) and was user 206993. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are the user number the cards sent or the total signups?

I believe they’re allocated on card activation.

2 Likes

Yes they are, in other words, when the user links their first Monzo card to the app -

3 Likes

I’m user #73813 and if I’m not wrong I activated it Nov 24 '16!

2 Likes

I got my card Saturday, #210831

5 Likes

Really appreciate Alex’s tireless work tracking this since the beginning of time but I’m finding the gaps in data sooo frustrating! No data for about 2 weeks now but it should be around 230k users at recent run rate.

Is there no way the number of users could be automatically put in a ticker somewhere? I remember @tristan (I think??) posted a vid of the team cheering a ticker showing the 100,000th user… can’t you guys put it online for everyone instead of having us feeling around in the dark? I’m sure a lot of people would be interested to see it tick and cheer you on to the first mill and beyond. You could have it plugged into the app e.g You are user 22787 of 230648 (you’ve been here longer than 91.13% of users), then return a week later to see you’re in the earliest 92%, then a year later top 99% :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Yeah, we’d love to do that :slight_smile: We just haven’t had time yet!

4 Likes

Card just arrived… 3pm 6th Jun 2017, user 231,317 :+1:

9 Likes

A quick update - in today’s annual report Tom mentioned that Monzo are forecasting that they’ll have

between 500,000 and 800,000 accounts by the end of the year

:smiley:

5 Likes
  • £250million spent on the card - start of May 7% week on week increase in spending on the card so only about 15 weeks until they hit £1bn spent at the present rates :slight_smile: - end of Oct unless sign up goes crazy - who’d have thought it :rocket::rocket:
4 Likes

At Monzo’s current 5% weekly growth rate they’ll hit their 1bn user target in September 2020!

5% weekly growth sees the user base double every 14 weeks and is equivalent to just over 1100% annual growth!

3 Likes