Nova Money Planner - Q&A

Just noticed you can connect to “Mettle Bank”, but Mettle isn’t a bank!

1 Like

You’re right, the name comes as “Mettle Bank” from Truelayer but we should simply call them “Mettle”!

Can I get a link to the private beta please?

1 Like

Hi Gareth, sure I’ll send you a DM for more details.

1 Like

Hi @Sam.Abrika, I’ve been using Nova for a while now and I’m loving it! I find this track screen very useful and check on it everyday. Awesome UI. Very well done!

I just wanted to ask:

1. I can’t really see the progress of my investment goal because unlike the saving one, I cannot link my investment account to it… Is there another way to do it?
  2. Is there any possibility of linking multiple goals to one account? Just wanted to avoid having to make multiple saving pots.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback K8ielin :heart:

1. Investment goals are going to be publicly this week in Nova v2.19
  2. From a design perspective, it’s simpler to reflect the goals’ progression when an account is linked to a unique goal, but many users don’t find this solution convenient. How would like to see the progress of your goals if they’re all linked to the same savings account?

Thanks

1. Cool, I’ll give the investment goals a try and will let you know!
  2. Possibly an ability to create a main goal, link the account and then make subgoals? Like I can create a saving goal “Dream House”, then make subgoals like Deposit, Stamp Duty, Documents, Furnitures, etc. but they are all within the same savings account so they look like a checklist, and have their own progress bars. In a way I would find it motivating to see the subgoals being completed than just waiting for the total amount to reach 100%
1 Like

@K8ieLin that’s a cool idea. Then you could save for the kitchen, the living room, etc… :laughing:

The version 2.19 with investment goals is now released!

I’ve used the Investment feature, and now it makes more sense… thank you for that. I think you should do that feature as well for the saving goals if users have savings accounts that cannot be connected to Nova. For example I have an cash ISA account that I can’t connect.

1 Like

Yes it’s a common problems as most banks don’t support ISA accounts with their Open Banking APIs. We’re developing the support for offline accounts where you’ll be able to manually add any account and its balance.

2 Likes

Thanks to all your feedback, we created the :mortar_board:Nova Academy to simply explain how to set the right financial goals and how stay on track. We have videos and a wiki page for those who prefer to read :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes