Notification of transaction updates e.g. pay at pump

Is the OP not requesting a further notification after presentment? This is entirely possible and I would think reasonable to expect.

Alternative and completely made up scenario: You auth €100 of one of them refundable (not presented) if unused, credit for charge to room or minibar usage at a hotel. You run a bill of €80 and after a few days hotel presents for €250 (whether in error or not). You are not notified of the change and the hotel transaction gets buried into a number of holiday withdrawals and transactions. You feel like you overspent and you either have to go back fishing for suspicious transactions or you just put it down to a mixture of accidental overspend and currency fluctuations while on holiday “Did I really spend that much?”

In keeping with the spirit and ethos of Monzo, of being notified and real time usage and knowledge (not having to rely on monthly statements) it makes no sense to me whatsoever not to inform us of updates to transactions where eventual presentment differs from authorised amount. Other than the usual currency fluctuations “this transaction has not yet settled”.

2 Likes