Not useful for a security deposit/hold on card

Can you get confirmation from them that the authorisation has been reveresed? Like I said this was enough for me previously.

I wonder if this is one of the negatives to expanding the support out further to the US? Maybe by the letter of the book they shouldn’t do this but common sense prevailed with me.

Had no idea you could do this!

1 Like

Also when a supplier says “we’ll reverse the auth” what they usually are saying is “we won’t collect the amount” but they don’t tell their acquirer to reverse it, so it stays in limbo for a while.

Monzo automatically reverses every auth after 7 days, so not sure what’s happened there.

Ignore me - Monzo’s own copy in the help section says merchants like hotels can take 30.

Yep, just checked and I’ve got another 20 days to wait. Rubbish! Should have used a credit card!

Yes I have a pre-auth cancellation receipt.

Try again with another COp. They definitely do it especially since you have a receipt

2 Likes

That is a shame, as I had the same thing with a hotel last week. I was asked to provide a receipt proving I had paid on check out and they reversed the transaction immediately.

I did have to get an email from the hotel with the receipt attached, but was a very smooth process in all. Equally the hire car deposit was back within 24 hours.

I was told it is due to a different authorisation code being used when they reverse the Pre-auth and causing a mis match.

Hope its solved soon!

Edit: As per the above, I would also try with a different person. Maybe provide a screenshot of you paying on your CC if possible.

2 Likes

Too much effort, I’ll wait another 20 days then stress about it. I’m new to Monzo and was trying to use the card for everything while out of the country due to excellent exchange rates, it didn’t work out for a number of reasons and now wished I’d tried Starling instead (one reason is because they have
unlimited cash withdrawal overseas without charge).

1 Like