Nintendo Switch Discussion

Don’t see why they wouldn’t be! Hardware seems to be identical! Only the dock got an aesthetics update with curved corners. Both docks can be used interchangeably with both systems too!

I like my Switch Lite but I only got one as the Switch was out of stock so I might get this.

Ps. Not sure if this is Apple/AirPods Pro but that trailer has amazing sound/spatial audio which I didn’t realise was available on a YouTube video.

1 Like

That reminds me- has anyone seen anything about Bluetooth headphone support on the new Switch?

Nope. That’s one feature that would tempt me!

The real question is new console = new Zelda game…. Botw 2 or is that definitely next year?

2022.*

*Unless they delay it.

:soon: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This… or Fitbit pay?

I wouldn’t worry, RDR2 is a snooze fest.

Beautiful sure. But dull, with disappointingly arcade style gunfight mechanics that feel more GTA firefight on crack than Wild West gunslinging.

If anything probably a game better dipped into occasionally to do some fishing or something.

I thought it was the other way around. Arthur’s character development was beautiful, and the story was fantastic. Once you get Marston though, that’s when I stopped, never to return

It’s all so subjective isn’t it. RDR2 is one of the most critically acclaimed games, but still has it’s detractors.

Days Gone was panned by a lot of critics, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just wandering off-topic briefly to say that the iOS 15 beta can add spatial audio effects to stereo sources, and yes it sounds wild. You can turn it on/off by long pressing on the volume slider in Control Centre.

And back on topic: it’s about time I got a Switch Lite and got BotW done and out of the way.

3 Likes

I honestly would recommend a full Switch for BotW. The environment can be quite rich, and a lot of the magic is in distance, spotting things that are quite far away and figuring out the best way to get to them and explore what’s there. I briefly played it handheld when I needed to charge the controllers, and found it a much worse experience compared to playing it on the TV.

Other games arguably work better handheld or there’s no meaningful difference, but I do feel like you’d be getting a reduced experience with BotW if you only play handheld.

3 Likes

Oh I realise that - but I also realise I’m intending to buy a console to play just one game on it.

2 Likes

Potentially two since BoTW2 comes next year…:wink: if you enjoy the first that is (and I’m sure you will, it’s excellent!)

To be fair they hold their value quite well (including the game). Just buy it play and resell?

1 Like

I’m the same with the Switch. Time for us to team up and start a console rental business?

1 Like

Got mine :blush: Anyone else?

2 Likes

Yeah, got it from Amazon on Friday for the youngest

He says it’s quite hard and it’s easier to control the flying when not using motion controls