NatWest chat

I think NatWests feature of creating a PDF is very helpful sometimes, anyone else?

Helpful for what?

I was thinking of maybe an official way of telling someone you sent them money

1 Like

I don’t see the appeal personally, but there must be something in it for NatWest to do it.

1 Like

Revolut allows this.

I couldn’t ever think of a reason to use such. Maybe if landlord or similar said I can’t locate said payment it might be useful as proof but otherwise of no use to be fair.

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s unique, but does barely work as I have to wear glasses

1 Like

Where is this used in the app? So on iOS as an example it uses an in house method of biometrics instead of Face ID for approving a transfer, for example?

1 Like

Yes, because iOS devices can have more than one face registered for FaceID recognition.

I’ve had to use it when making payments or changing things like daily limits etc.

1 Like

I’ve banked with NatWest for some time and I can honestly say I’ve never really seen this been asked for.

On the rare occasion that it has requested it, I’ve found it to work really well.

Others may have different experiences of course.

2 Likes

World perfectly here on the odd occasion it’s needed

1 Like

If you want to make a larger bank transfer you need to use it… I was able to register for it and within seconds make the large transfer and then deregister from it :rofl: seems pointless

Why would you want to de-register for it, if you need to make another transfer you’d need to set it up again.

I deregistered as I wanted to see if it was possible as I was able to register and use it within seconds.
So it’s not added any additional security to my account, it’s just pointless as it stands.

2 Likes

Few more branches closing down

www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/january/natwest-bank-branch-closures/

Doesn’t surprise me really, when I went into my local one earlier this year to put some money through the machine. The branch was just a glorified foyer, 2 reception desks for staff to use. No actual counters, anyone wanting to deposit anything was taken to one of the machines if they didn’t know how to use them and shown what to do.

I mean, seriously, if you’ve ever posted a letter and used an ATM, you know what to do FFS.

1 Like

Tell that to my 82 year old mother. Some people do still need actual humans to serve them.

5 Likes

That comment just shows how out of touch you are with society and people. Everyone’s different and has different abilities / needs, just because you think it’s simple to use an ATM for deposits, doesn’t mean the next person does.

3 Likes

Take it up with the owner of these machines, babes.

1 Like