Nationwide removing 5% regular saver

(Dan Mullen) #1
4 Likes

Moved over the Nationwide the other week and opened this savings account, glad I did! :laughing:

1 Like

(I Can't Wait Till Tuesday, Scrap The Graph Day!!!!) #3

Which is better this or Dozens?

0 Likes

Depends how much you can invest in Dozens.

If you can get a successful bid of £1750 - It’ll net you about £7 more interest for the year than the Nationwide one would.

But, with Dozens, you can keep adding to it - Where as with Nationwide, you are limited by £250 per month.

0 Likes

(Martin Jones) #5

I was just looking at my account and my anniversary date is 13 February 2020, should be OK

0 Likes

(Morgan Perry) #6

Wow! Glad I opened this account last week :joy:

0 Likes

The 20k average savings for holders of this account is interesting.
What savings product are they piling into?

As far as I can see, the rates on Nationwide’s other accounts are dire…

I wonder if withdrawing the 5% will have a bigger impact than expected, as some of these savers were willing to accept a lower rate on main savings with the regular saver sweetener, perhaps because nationwide is a bit better than your average high street bank, but now will be reassessing

0 Likes

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #8

Maybe some people see Nationwide in the same way some people see Monzo. They like it for what it is, more than what it offers?

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s a core of fans, but lots of people must be somewhere in the middle - looking for reasonable returns

0 Likes

(Jordan) #10

I used the flex direct account, and just moved money around to ensure the 5% benefit - didn’t use Nationwide for anything else really.

Especially found the weird calculator authenticator thing a nightmare.

0 Likes

What is the interest rate for Dozens?

0 Likes

The bonds are 5% for 12 months.

Check out the Dozens forum for loads of info :grinning:

1 Like

(Grant MacGregor) #13

Snap!

1 Like