My new Phone - Should I stay or should I go?

What a sad world we live in where this statement is needed! :joy:

I have the iPhone X, and yeah, I’ve become used to the notch - I just hate the fact you can’t watch a video in fullscreen without chopping bits off.

On new models, isn’t this the same with all major brands these days Apple, Samsung and all below them do exactly what OnePlus is doing.
I don’t think they lose more in value than Samsung relative to the prices points. I never had any issues with VoLTE and VoWiFi. The only reason you could have issues is because EE and few other networks failing to provide support for some manufacturers and OnePlus is not the only one with this issue.

True to a degree - But OnePlus tend to update their phones after 6 months, rather than a year.

I’ve not seen any reports about the iPhone of 2019 (nothing substantial anyway) - But you can bet the rumours will ramp up as we get into Jan/Feb next year.

Part of the attraction with Apple/Samsung is knowing you aren’t buying something that will be replaced in a few months time (generally speaking).

The balance for the consumer in this instance, is that the OnePlus phones are significantly cheaper, so you can’t have it all your own way.

The only reason I buy Apple stuff as soon as it comes out (if I’m gonna buy it), is because each day that passes, is another day closer to it being out of date!

I don’t really understand people who buy iPhones after June to be honest (and even then, I probably wouldn’t buy a new iPhone after January!)

Not when you know the next one will be out soon, and the prices will drop dramatically of the one you want.

So with OnePlus, that thought is always going to be present, even when buying the new one on release day!

1 Like

Well the point is that OnePlus will release 2 phones in a year but Apple has so many different models all of them priced more than OnePlus. Samsung would bring up to 10 models in a year. So I don’t think we can compare big guys with oneplus fairly.

Just got a 6T after returning my Mate 20 Pro in just under 2 weeks. Oxygen OS is slick. I am glad I made the decision despite Vodafone retail advisor looking shocked when I said take the Mate 20 Pro back.

Keep the oneplus. It’s a pretty great phone that’s a fraction of the cost of the iPhone.

Would the iPhone solve a problem or create an opportunity the cheaper option would not? If the answer is no then go with the oneplus.