Monzo - Target Demographic (what about us old gits!)

I know that the Monzo demographic is on average under 34 years of age but I was wondering how many more mature users love the bank.

I’m 56 - full Monzo (Plus customer) have a loan plus overdraft and use Flex frequently - I’m tech savvy and love the bank. I would never consider going back to one of the big five banks as Monzo provides everything I currently need :slight_smile:

I just wonder if in its planning and development Monzo does consider this ageing demographic as an untapped market e.g. bigger savings interest for lifetime savers etc.

7 Likes

Has there been a release recently of the age distribution within the Monzo customer base? :eyes: that’d be interesting to see.

1 Like

Let’s see!

How old are you?

• Under 18
  • 18 - 25
  • 25 - 30
  • 31 - 40
  • 41 - 50
  • 51 - 60
  • 61 - 70
  • 71 - 80
  • 81 and over

0 voters

All votes anonymous!

3 Likes

25 - 30 : 0% votes (so far) ???

Wow.

(FYI, I’m not in that group)

2 Likes

Actually the results don’t surprise me. I think that most of those have probably “grown up” as Monzo has.

If I had to guess it’s because you can’t show off a bank app on the gram/chat so most of the sub 25 year olds don’t really care what the app does so long as they can buy the latest trends

I had an “ouch” moment the other day where I was in the “next to last” age range on a survey. So at 57 I don’t feel to bad about this one…

Personal (me plus wife of 48), joint, and business banking with Monzo. Main banking is here making full use of pots, bemoaning lack of j/a overdraft as a safety net, and we both love it.

Still have Starling (cheque imaging - come on Monzo…), Smile (branch for larger cheques - would ditch that if we could pay in at the Post Office), plus Amex charge and Visa / MC / Amex credit cards, all visible in Plus.

My day job though is finance and IT so not sure how representative I am / am not.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.