Monzo switching bonus

Yup!

I honestly believe offering interest on pots would be a better and cheaper? way of getting people to switch to Monzo AND keep them there for the long-run.

A lot of people play the switching bonuses (guilty) by getting the money & switching to the next bank with a bonus & repeat.

There are so many people whose one gripe for not going full monzo is that thereā€™s no interest - what is a switching bonus really going to do? Monzo will just become another one-stop-shop in a game of ā€˜Who can collect the most free money?ā€

Yes, Iā€™m bitter. But also, from a growth and/or long-term ā€˜donā€™t just gain customers, KEEP themā€™ perspective - interest should be the priority over switching bonuses.

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually surprised that folk are so hung up on interest, and that people arenā€™t more generally happy to forgo the cost of a lattĆØ a month for the superb features and service.

5 Likes

Iā€™m very happy with zero interest as the cost of running the account.

I think itā€™s the opportunity cost of the switching incentive that is the question here. In other words, could that money be used in a way to inventivise longer term use of Monzo than by paying joining fees which often encourage carpet bagging.

I previously thought that increasing interest for referrals would be good. Others objected to that on bait and switch grounds - but hopefully Monzo will be collecting some useful data to be able to make an evidence based decision. Or at least some more tests.

1 Like

Forget interest savings (sorry Monzo, I love you) get yourself a Freetrade account and make serious money.

2 Likes

Or lose serious money!

< generic voice-over artist >

Your capital is at risk. The value of your investment might go down as well as up

< / generic voice-over artist >

:wink:

6 Likes

Yes, this is also true.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.