🏃‍♂️ Monzo Running Community Thread 🏃‍♀️

Managed a 5K at 6:20 per mile yesterday, aim is to do a 10K in under 40 minutes by the summer!

9th attempt to get in the London Marathon Ballot failed hopefully 10th time lucky - I didn’t want to do the virtual one it’s not the same to me.

1 Like

That’s quick!

My aim is under 25mins for my 5k this year, I’m 90 seconds off it atm.

1 Like

Thanks I have been running a lot more than like you the lunch hour is basically run hour now WFH has come in so the pace has been gradually dropping. 25 mins for a 5K is an excellent time you will get there soon!

Does anyone listen to podcasts or music whilst running? I basically only listen to podcasts would like to find an app that can play 30 minutes of podcasts then 5 minutes of music but yet to find one!

I’ve got it down from 33 mins last year when I got lured in by that “run 5, tag 5, donate 5” viral trend at the start of lockdown.

There’s a 3k loop that I’ve been doing as a speed run and I’ve got that down to 4’50s, I just need to go for longer!

Do you take your phone with you? If you have Spotify/Apple Music, select a playlist, then queue your podcast, then it will go back to the music when it finishes.

I do use my Garmin watch only once a week. The podcasts are always longer than 30 minutes, so ideally I would like an app to play this file for 30 minutes then the music for the next 5-10 even though the podcast hasn’t finished. I run faster with music but can’t listen to it the whole time - first world problems I know haha!

1 Like