Monzo redesign: a retrospective

Overall, I much prefer the new design, and whatever the visual merits of the old design (I liked it, including Pulse!), functionally it didn’t work well once you added multiple pots and accounts and additional cards, etc. Put business and US accounts on top of that, and we got the new design not a moment too soon imo. :wink:

However, there is one big piece of functionality that we lost when the Pulse went away that is still missing: quickly jumping back to previous months and years. I recently needed to look up a transaction from a couple of years ago, and it was a painful experience scrolling down the transaction list. With the Pulse, it was easy to skip through months and quickly get to the vicinity of an older transaction, and then scroll the list to find it. A year ago, Jordan said this was something that would be worked on, but I’ve not seen anything since:

Hopefully there are still plans to tackle this issue. As more people use Monzo for longer, it will become more important. I have transactions going back four years now, and I don’t frequently need to access ones from far in the past, but when I do it’s teeeediooouuuussss.

2 Likes