Monzo Pot Image Generator

Speaking of icons generally - I’m not sure how easy they are to integrate (assuming just vector files?) but FlatIcon has a similar kind of offering to the icons used here - but with hundreds of hundreds of packsL

They have curated packs so if you were inclined you could use them too - but it gives much more specific options for the kind of pots I’d categorise.

I’ve often used them if I need to put an icon into something at work

And the integrating into the app bit would be awesome. It’s such a pain to get any pot image from PC to Phone (at least on iOS!)

1 Like

I had looked around at the options but Font Awesome was the easiest to use to get something finished without too much messing about. I have thought about at least showing the most appropriate ones at the top of the list as well as possibly integrating other icons sets.

3 Likes

I’ve now updated the site to include two background images: the blue Monzo Plus one from @nicdall and the plus gradient background one from @BritishLibrary.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 14.17.12

11 Likes

Oooh, new thought - is there any chance you can use the Monzo Logo to overlay on the gradient ones now? Not sure if it exists in the right format but imagine that would look great.

If they exist it might actually be easier to just have two more options for images (both with and without logos). I’m sure they’ve been posted here somewhere but I’m not sure where to find them but if you do I can add them to the images and add them as options.

I’m using Safari and it’s a bit… odd, layout-wise. Missing height attribute (or something)? Just thought you should know!

@Aliya - could you share the monzo stamped background you used for this post:

Yeah I just spotted that, will look into it.

2 Likes

This is fantastic. Just updated all of my pots using the tool. Quick, easy and the images it generates looks great. Thank you for sharing.

BTW, I think this is amazing. Thank you for creating it, I didn’t even know I needed it until I looked at it and now I’m hooked!

5 Likes

Right! What a ride today has been.

I’m now mildly annoyed because the Gradient Feature has come after I’ve done all my Pots and I don’t know which versions are going to look better.

Also deciding on what new savings goals I should have based on this Pot Image generator, rather than, you know, geneuine savings needs.

Didn’t really want a PS5 but this pot image looks too good to pass up:

8 Likes

I have that PS5 image for my PS5 pot too.

(I’ve disabled the image background for now, there’s was a bunch of issues people were reporting that I don’t have time to work out right now but I’ll get it back as soon as possible).

Also, Monzo tweeted it :tada: https://twitter.com/monzo/status/1285573010380947456

15 Likes

Yay, I really hoped they would tweet it out. Great job :smiley:

2 Likes

This is epic!

I have a request for the eventuality it becomes possible to link virtual cards to pots. And that is to use the various different virtual card gradients as background options too.

Really nice tool though, and honestly something that ought to be built in to the Monzo app. Great work!

3 Likes

Amazing! Definitely something that should exist in Monzos app

1 Like

Thank you very much for this.

Personally I liked the icons to be bigger so I scaled them as they were kind of small for me in the main feed.

A request if there was a way to enable icon scale that’d be great addition.

7 Likes

This is amazing, great work and thank you :clap:t3:

Made it to Twitter this afternoon ! https://twitter.com/monzo/status/1285573010380947456?s=21

3 Likes

I’ve just released what I’m calling version 1.1:

• Background images are working again
  • Monzo plus image with and without logo (if someone has a higher-res shiny Monzo logo, let me know)
  • Icon size changer
  • Randomise now adjusts the icon colour
  • Some layout changes including fixes for Safari
12 Likes

These are really cool additions! I’m not sure if it’s just me but when I try and download one of the image based ones, it reverts to the previously selected colour:

The link and everything work fine, just downloading doesn’t for me?

1 Like