Monzo Plus/Premium: Offers

Offer’s already gone, not even a chance for a push notification!

1 Like

Not showing for me :cry:

None of the offers offered recently are unique to Monzo - I have a few magazine subs and constantly receive similar voucher codes for exactly the same companies. Too much effort has gone onto providing us with something that’s just not hitting the mark… a nice add on it had a value to us but alas not in this case…

1 Like

The offers are not offering me anything that I want to take advantage of. Poor

Really hope there’s a ‘refresh’ of these offers in the new year.

1 Like

I don’t think there has been any effort out into the offers. They’re just generic stuff you can get from searching online.

1 Like

That was my point

New offer:

Laka
10% off cycle insurance every month for a year for new Laka customers.

1 Like

Interesting, I’m seeing 15% off in app for Laka!

I can also see an offer for Beer Hawk, which I haven’t seen before:
5 craft beers and a Beer Hawk glass for just £10 (worth £20) with Free Delivery, plus £10 off your next order.

Not sure if that’s new or not.

The Beer Hawk has been there for a while, theres a post somewhere above where i highlighted it last year :slight_smile:

Are you Premium? I’m only Plus, however, if you click through it specifically mentions Plus on the Laka website, i wonder if they have different rates for each

Edit:
Upon further investigation after taking the webview in to a browser to see the URL:
Laka Bicycle Insurance for Monzo Plus Members
Laka Bicycle Insurance for Monzo Premium Members

Damn, either I need Monzo notifications for new offers, or turn Notifications on this thread :slight_smile:

And yep, on Premium. When I click through the copy references premium too - so looks like different discount by tier.

Although it seems the quoted figure doesn’t include the discount on the first Quote page displayed - I checked vs online direct and it gives the same price.

Use code PLUS10 or PREMIUM15

:exploding_head:

(Please note this is just a guess!)

1 Like

I feel like we should at least get a dismissable feed item for each new offer when it’s added

3 Likes

I’ve just looked as they also have a referral code option - you can get £25 off with a referal code it seems.

If you bike is worth £1k, you get an £11/m quote, so up to £1.65 discount (15%) = £19 off on Premium, £13 off on Plus.

So you’re better finding a referral code than using this discount.

Better off using a referral just for the fact it’s not clear at all how to get your Monzo discount :joy:

1 Like

Just tried to get a quote - I followed the Monzo link and created an account - it doesn’t show a discount any where in the final quote!

I also had a look at the different discounts vs cover level.

For Monzo Plus, it’s only worthwhile using the discount if your bike is worth more than around £3100.
For Monzo Premium, it’s only worthwhile using it if your bike is worth more than £1900.

For all others it’s better to use a referral code.

Switching to this thread, as it’s more relevant for discussion on this.

Out of interest, which ones actually are exclusive?

I want to say Laka, but we don’t actually seem to know how it works, nobody can seem to work it out :rofl: :rofl:

HelloFresh looks to be unique. Although i guess you could copy and paste the link to a friend if you wanted to.

Naked - Yes there’s a code, which you could copy and paste but needs a password which looks to be unique per user to me

Fiit looks to be like Hellofresh, done via a link, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to managed this way.

Busuu is a link however you can achieve the same with the discount code that i won’t disclose publicly

BeerHawk is a link too, no code.

In conclusion the only truly unique discount per customer is Naked, having said that, I don’t think that a link being the only way to get the discount is unreasonable, you can’t expect every company on the list to handle and manage custom codes per each Monzo Paid Customer. I do however think the standard codes that you can just pass around is a bit annoying, a code like MONZO50 is ridiculous, and like people have said, can be easily passed around.

Disclaimer - This post is just about the Monzo codes and the uniqueness per customer and difficulty for anybody to pass around, codes that could just shop up in Honey are a bit disappointing. This isnt about whether better discounts for these services can be found elsewhere or not.

2 Likes

Why can’t Monzo Plus have offers like this? I’d pay for plus just for the offers feature if it did. Revolut kills with this stuff, and it’s free.

10 Likes

As long as it’s a national retailer. Co-op is useless to me