Monzo Plus/Premium: Offers

You don’t get the offer on a standard account

In the same way “coming soon” means “coming soon”

Pointless offers, the airport lounge thing is kinda cool but pointless mid pandemic…

I personally wouldn’t call it pointless. I have a booking I need to make for next year with BA so this is potentially going to save me a lot of money. I just need to weigh up what I lose by not putting it on my AMEX.

This is a step in the right direction, but the generic code doesn’t make this feel exclusive at all. Say a standard user were to get hold of the code would they still get the discount?

1 Like

And do you have to pay with your Monzo card :thinking: (unlikely but just throwing that out there too)

1 Like

Surely you can use the discount code and still pay on your AMEX?

1 Like

The terms are here and they seem to imply no.

I guess it depends on whether it’s a discount at the checkout or cashback.

Make sure you book before 3rd December if you want to take advantage of the offer. And don’t fly from LCY.

You have to use a MasterCard.

In fact, it looks like a promotion run by BA and MasterCard.

Payment must be made in full at the time of booking with a valid Mastercard and on transactions made in Great British Pounds (GBP). The offer does not apply to spend on other cards you might hold and on transactions made via payment wallets or payment aggregators including, but not limited to PayPal.

Might be me having a bad memory at the moment, but isn’t Beer Hawk a new offer?

Beer Hawk Gift Box
Get 5 Craft Beers and a Beer Hawk glass for just £10 (worth £20) with free delivery, plus £10 off your next order

1 Like

Pretty sure you’re right!

There should be some sort of notification to let us know when they change. If I hadn’t seen this I wouldn’t have noticed.

3 Likes

“sToP sEnDiNg PuSh NoTiFiCaTiOnS”

:rofl:

6 Likes

Or maybe they should just have a regular day for updated offers?

If it was known offers updated on say a tuesday that would be the best solution i think so people could know to check every week

cOmPlAiNiNg BaD sO fUnNy HaHa

But there’s a difference between letting you know that there is a change to your account/benefits and sending daily notifications for “ooooooh, shiiiiiinyyyyyyy”

2 Likes

For most people, yes.

But there would still be complaints that the offer didn’t suit them so they didn’t want a notification about it.

Very true.

For it to work for everyone it would need to be tailored marketing. So be clever enough to know which ones you’re dismissing to show you less and more of the ones you interact with.

It’s a shame there’s not a special tab just for Plus/Premium that they could actually use.

I mean the app already has the ability to tailor notifications by type -

So “Plus Offers” could/should absolutely be one of those toggles.

1 Like

Amex don’t send out notifications about new offers and nobody complains there.

On the other hand they do publish items in the transaction feed for key offers. I think this could be quite a neat solution for Monzo.

2 Likes