Monzo Plus - Bi-Weekly Update 28th November 2019

Monzo Tall Current Account
Monzo Grande Current Account
Monzo Venti Current Account

:coffee:

In all seriousness I’m going to give this some thought…

4 Likes

Nice to get an update even if it’s a bit lacking in content.

• Investor labels - ehhh big whoop (but I get why some people want the badge)
  • Paywalling - others already pointed out, you’ve not talked about the features of Plus, only the products of Plus. Interesting but not particularly forthcoming
  • Card Packaging - so glad to read this kind of thinking! No plastic, recyclable materials only please!
  • Name our accounts - given you may want to add other paid accounts, realistically the only thing here is One Two Three… can’t do Gold, Silver, Bronze because you don’t want a product called Magnesium in four years time, can’t do Diamond, Emerald, Ruby because you don’t want a product called Zirconia, and so on.

Anyway, I get that sometimes it can be hard to find things to update on this, that’s cool, so let’s see what the next one is (it’s two a week, right? :wink: ).

2 Likes

Perhaps but in that case I’d say they should already be somewhat confident before even floating the idea of a paywall. Seems like they are putting the horse before the cart if that’s not the case.

1 Like

In this day and age, it’s all about the emojis. Regular text is just so yesterday!

Monzo :innocent: Current Account
Monzo :cowboy_hat_face: Current Account
Monzo :alien: Current Account

8 Likes

One thing… we’re all presuming that one of the paid accounts will be better than the other…
They could offer totally different things so giving them names implying the one is “better” may not work…

Having more details would help.

7 Likes

Monzo Skint Current Account
Monzo Ok Current account
Monzo Baller Current Account

22 Likes

I actually thought about this as a serious suggestion… but yeah that’s just a minefield! :peach::scream::eggplant:

1 Like

This is even more vague than ‘power user’ in my opinion so I guess I’ll just have to keep an open mind until you’ve announced the paid features.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update @tomdavies, lots of interesting things here.

One thing I am still a little confused on though is your comment on the Paywalling. I think I am correcting in saying that the vast majority of the concerns shared are with the idea of paywalling software/app based features e.g. custom categories, pot limits, budgeting, salary sweeping etc.

The example you quote here - travel insurance - is something I think we all agree should be something we pay for in a paid account.

Can you provide any further information on the principles of paywalling when it comes to software/app based features and how you plan to balance the view of “Power Users” and “Making Money Work for Everyone”

Thanks!

1 Like

Monzo Current Account

Monzo Bit Current Account

Monzo Byte Current Account

Nonsense to those who don’t know but expandable.

4 Likes

I mega like this suggestion

1 Like

I’m not a fan of words like “plus” “pro” or “extra” etc. I much prefer a name that links with the theme of that account.

4 Likes

Alvin…
Simon…
Theodore…

9 Likes

Snap Crackle and Pop or Rod, Jane and Freddy

3 Likes

The Good
The Bad
The Ugly… (paywalling)

3 Likes

I have to say, considering excuse for going every 2 weeks was so there was more substantial updates, this was so light in content that is almost weightless and floating.

I am not saying need to share everything, but hmm… yea.

Investors badge: ok …
Paywalling: just recapping whats already been discussed
Packaging: eco … great, I like, but lets see some pics
Name accounts: You gave up so let us choose.

All of this could have been achieved in hour long meeting.

I don’t want to sound unappreciative, but remember the old plus accounts went south because of lack of the expected Monzo transparency… This is looking like a big blacked out window

12 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Monzo Hot Coral Current Account
Monzo Blue Coral Current Account
Monzo Black Coral Current Account

The bottom two are actual coral species.

15 Likes

This would seem the most viable way to do it, just pick a colour per account (does mean you’d have to stop offering customers their choice of colours but can’t have everything?!)

I got the impression they wanted us to help black out the window.

“Let them distract each other and make the thread look busy by getting them to suggest account names, while they don’t get an answer to one of their biggest concerns.”

Maybe I’m just being overly cynical. I want to be optimistic, I really do.

5 Likes

… Four?

14 Likes