Monzo on Watchdog 17/10/2019

Perhaps Monzo did reply but asked them to do it via chat and Watchdog got fed up of waiting 3 or 4 days for a reply…

49 Likes

I don’t think you will be alone on that one.

1 Like

They should have gone on the show, rather than hide behind a statement IMO

2 Likes

Really, think it needs Tom on this.

6 Likes

If I wasn’t worried until now, I am now. It makes me question whether I should move back to a legacy bank

5 Likes

Extremely poor that they did not defend themselves in person. Too scared?

3 Likes

Yes it has but it’s been happening much more recently

2 Likes

This is horrendous for the brand. I’ve had friends and family messaging me asking what’s going on with Monzo and wanting to move their accounts.

5 Likes

I honestly think this could be detrimental to them.

1 Like

The reverse race to 2 million may be on :weary:

7 Likes

Today’s newspaper is tomorrow’s chip paper. The negative effect will be minimal.

6 Likes

I hope so. They deserve some accountability on this one.

1 Like

Family WhatsApp group is going mad, 4 family members urging me and wife to move all our money out of Monzo.

This could be a real disaster if they dont get on top of this ASAP.

3 Likes

The thing is this looks very scammy… money disappearing into thin air…? needs investigating properly

1 Like

I will be moving money elsewhere cough starling cough if this isn’t addressed in the next few days.

5 Likes

I must admit, I don’t get why people are so worried given that this has been discussed a number of times on the community forum over the last couple of months, with the reasons being given that they have to investigate potential fraudulent activity (as any bank should).

The difference being that because Monzo’s so far advanced their triggers are probably a lot more sensitive than the standard legacy bank :man_shrugging:

19 Likes

That and their growth of new customers is probably alot higher…

Crikey should of fielded someone to respond to the accusations - could of generalised about closing of accounts not hide behind the FSA !

1 Like

That’s fine - but someone should have been on there saying this IMO

2 Likes

Not just someone, Tom should be…

3 Likes