Monzo Labs: Ordering Accounts and Pots

@Jami hopefully soon in the future (after this great update) could someone look at moving money direct for Pot to Pot instead of having to move money from a pot to the main account and the from there to another pot, just makes it time consuming and my main account looks very messy.

For instance, I have a round-up pot that when it hits my target amount I transfer to a savings account, it would be great to be able to do this direct pot to pot.

As an addition to this for a future, future update, it would be great to be able to automatically move money from one pot to another when it hits a set amount i.e roundup pot set to £10 automatically moves it to a saving pot.

These would be just great additions and would help greatly. Hopefully one day

1 Like

Just a quick one, for the hide pot icon wouldn’t it be better to have a shut eye or covered eye :see_no_evil: rather than putting a line through it?

An eye with a line through is a well recognised icon for ‘hide’

12 Likes

Does anyone experience app crashes after enabling the ‘show JA first’?

Mine are quite frequent, especially when dragging down to go to the ‘All Accounts’ screen but not only limited there.

1 Like

Oh no! Are you using iOS or Android? We’ll take a look.

1 Like

I have an iPhone 11 (iOS 13). This has been happening on both 13.1 and after upgrading to 13.2.

Running TestFlight version the past few days but crashes definitely started before that and as soon as I enabled the JA first feature in Labs.

Any timeframes for hiding pots?

5 Likes

It would be great of there was an approximate timeline on these features, super excited about both as they are both features that I have been wanting fo a long time, Great work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So what pots do people really want to hide?

A bit of me wants to hide every pot as a lot of my are automatic. I.e. automatically pay rent into my pot on payday then rent automatically comes out when due

1 Like

Also may not be the thread but can we have ability to dismiss/hide moving money between pots

I’d like to hide the mortgage over payment pot so my wife doesn’t think she can go buy a load of handbags and shoes she doesn’t actually need :joy: Not that I’m stereo typing :eyes:

6 Likes

For me I’d like to hide the pots that have limited function once filled with money - things like, Emergency Fund, or any Savings Pots whose purpose is just “not in my current account”.

Stuff that once I know it is at £X, I don’t need to keep seeing.

At the moment I’ve got about 4 or 5 pots that are for budgeting - Tube Travel, Coffee, Bills Pots, AMEX and a couple of active savings pots.

As I make more of that type, I want to see the ‘fixed’ ones less.

1 Like

Any/all of them if I so wish? My reasons are unlikely to match others but the ability would be very welcomed, be it under the guise of better money management (friction added when a pot is hidden), saving for a surprise, or just not needing to see a Pot all the time (either of the yearly IFTTT challenges).

6 Likes

I would hope it’s sometime this week :+1:

2 Likes

I didn’t think I’d need the ability to hide pots but those are some fairly solid use cases.

You’ve got me thinking… :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I might hide all my pots unless that makes them irritating to access on the odd occassion I do need them.

I have 3 or 4 pots set that get money sent via IFTTT as a little extra way to save, I want to be able to hide them so I hopefully forget about them, but to do that, I’d also like to be able to hide transactions to hidden pots from the transaction feed.

That would be perfect

3 Likes

Yes absolutely this would be great! I currently have an IFTTT linked to save 10p every time Trump tweets which goes into a pot and it fills up my feed. Being able to hide this would be great!

Is there any update on timing for this to be released? I understand it’s a work in progress. And also whether this would be possible to hide transactions going into hidden pots? .

2 Likes

I’d like to hide the pot I’m using to save for my bfs birthday. Plus I’d like to hide the pot I use for round ups and then reenable the pot at the end of the year to see how much I’ve saved :pound::pound::pound:

6 Likes

Hiding pots would get me to move my high-street savings account over to Monzo. I like to know what’s going to be in there at a certain time if I put away regular amounts, but not see the balance all of the time and have some friction so I can’t take it out and spend the money on a whim. The combination of a savings pot with a 1 working day withdrawal and hiding the pot from main view would meet my needs - having to get into town at a time when the branch is open and wait days for it to arrive by bank transfer (or send a postal request!!) is a nightmare with my current savings account.

@Jami are there any updates coming soon? :heart_eyes:

7 Likes