Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

So far releases have been on Thursday :eyes: Are we holding out hope for tomorrow, or next week? :thinking:

• I think it’ll be tomorrow!
  • Don’t be silly, this is a beta version, will be when it hits the main release - next week!
0 voters

What is this? I can’t see anything :eyes:

Wow. All will be revealed :soon:

Looks like Monzo has censored him.

Big things be coming … My sunshine Monzo card is glowing! Actually, it expires in a year, wonder if there’s any left to refresh it with! :frowning_face:

Oh? I found the Google doc after commented but was very disappointed to see it empty. No idea how this works but surely Monzo has no sway on what’s in an external document?

1 Like

Monzo can politely ask people not to reveal things. And if they choose to or not is up to them. David decided to - same as when the neon cards were releasing.

2 Likes

They ask him not to, he obliges. They did it before with the coloured cards.

Prompted me to make a guide on how to do it yourself for the really curious ones. That’s still on here somewhere if you really can’t wait. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, so we’re expecting something big?

I’m curious but if it takes more than clicking install in an app store, I don’t bother. It’s beyond me, technology.

1 Like

It’s true. When I used to do them I got asked a few times to hold off when it was something big or special :star:

6 Likes

Yes… Something big is coming, or multiple somethings, or zero somethings, or minus one somethings.

1 Like

Godzilla?!

1 Like

I can neither confirm, nor deny the existence of a feature coming to Monzo called Godzilla, which includes a scaley green card, with a bite taken out of it.

dammit I gave it away

3 Likes

Silencing David must mean it’s something slightly bigger than something they can hide behind a feather flag being renamed.

2 Likes

Plus/Premium revamp? Winter/Spring 2024 special edition cards? Cash imaging? GARMIN PAY!?

1 Like

To bring things back to reality. And no, I haven’t gone snooping (yet), so it’s just a guess.

But I’m gonna place my bet on child accounts. Signs seem to be pointing in that direction from recent feature flags IMO. Guessing this build has the assets to confirm it.

Nah… :badger: Badger Pay!

4 Likes

:yawning_face:

1 Like

I’ve finally gone digging!

Booted up my pixel to get the beta and extract the APK and

6 Likes

Do you have the link to the guide?

I did it once ages ago with a rooted phone but iirc I had to do a diff compare to the previous release.

1 Like

Can’t do this to us!

2 Likes