Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

@Ordog 's house while he’s tearing down 3.97.0:

images

8 Likes

Sorry all! I needed a lie down after traumatic experience earlier :rofl:

Version 3.97.0 (61.65 MB) :tada::tada::tada: - This week’s update is a bit like doing the weekly shop. Except instead of food, it’s code that makes your banking app run smoothly. We’ll see you next week for more. In the meantime, make sure you’re getting your five-a-day.

New Strings:

<string name="add_to_google_pay_body_card_arrived">Add your card details to Google Pay to start paying with your phone.</string>
<string name="add_to_google_pay_body_card_in_transit">Add your card details to Google Pay to start paying with your phone. Your physical card will be with you in a few days.</string>
<string name="add_to_google_pay_body_virtual_card_account">Add your virtual card details to Google Pay to start paying with your phone.</string>
<string name="add_to_google_pay_body_virtual_card_pot">Add your virtual card details to Google Pay to start paying from your Pot with your phone.</string>

<string name="categorization_type_dialog_option_description_future_format">We’ll apply %1$s to this transaction and all new ones at %2$s going forwards</string>
<string name="categorization_type_dialog_option_description_past_and_future_format">We’ll apply %1$s to all new and historic transactions at %2$s</string>
<string name="categorization_type_dialog_option_description_single_format">We’ll apply %1$s just to this transaction, but not to any future ones at %2$s</string>
<string name="categorization_type_dialog_option_title_future">Going forward</string>
<string name="categorization_type_dialog_option_title_past_and_future">All past and going forward</string>
<string name="categorization_type_dialog_option_title_single">Just this once</string>

<string name="ic_flip_24">Flip</string>
<string name="ic_flip_24_horizontally">Flip horizontally</string>
<string name="ic_flip_24_vertically">Flip vertically</string>
<string name="ic_rotate_left_24">Rotate counter clockwise</string>
<string name="ic_rotate_right_24">Rotate</string>

Removed Strings:

<string name="add_to_google_pay_body_arrived">Add your new Monzo card details to Google Pay to start paying with your phone.</string>
<string name="add_to_google_pay_body_in_transit">Add your new Monzo card details to Google Pay to start paying with your phone. Your physical card will be with you in a few days.</string>

<string name="crop_image_menu_flip">Flip</string>
<string name="crop_image_menu_flip_horizontally">Flip horizontally</string>
<string name="crop_image_menu_flip_vertically">Flip vertically</string>
<string name="crop_image_menu_rotate_left">Rotate counter clockwise</string>
<string name="crop_image_menu_rotate_right">Rotate</string>

New IDs

<item type="id" name="ic_flip_24" />
<item type="id" name="ic_flip_24_horizontally" />
<item type="id" name="ic_flip_24_vertically" />
<item type="id" name="ic_rotate_left_24" />
<item type="id" name="ic_rotate_right_24" />

Removed IDs:

<item type="id" name="crop_image_menu_flip" />
<item type="id" name="crop_image_menu_flip_horizontally" />
<item type="id" name="crop_image_menu_flip_vertically" />
<item type="id" name="crop_image_menu_rotate_left" />
<item type="id" name="crop_image_menu_rotate_right" />

New Assets:
IC flip 24 (it’s white)ic_rotate_left_24
IC rotate left 24 (it’s white)
ic_rotate_right_24
IC rotate right 24 (it’s white)
ic_flip_24

Changed Assets:

None

Deleted Assets:
Crop image menu rotate left (it’s white)
crop_image_menu_rotate_left
Crop image menu rotate right (it’s white)
crop_image_menu_rotate_right
Crop image menu flip (it’s white)
crop_image_menu_flip

6 Likes

You know what this means folks :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

18 Likes

Also…

More control over categorisation too!

We’re being spoilt!

9 Likes

Bulk category change and virtual cards on Google Pay?!

Be still my beating heart.

:pray: :hot_coral_heart: :monzopride:

9 Likes

All we need to to skip the mobile payment bit and just connect virtual cards directly to pots as well

:soon: ?

And yeah, I’m going to need more virtual cards at 1 time

3 Likes

People seem to have forgotten that one time that some Monzo staff member said that paying from pots was difficult because then they are treated as whole accounts and are subject to a bunch more regulation? Like, I don’t think that’s coming any time soon on that basis?

Happy to be proven wrong. Like: very happy.

2 Likes

I think that was a year or 2 ago they said that so they’ve had time to figure it out

2 Likes

I think they said that they’d need to do regulatory stuff. But were gonna give it a go…

Edit: too slow. What @Rat_au_van said.

1 Like

Good to see some things don’t change :grin:

1 Like

I live for consistency :man_facepalming::snail:

3 Likes

I wonder if they ever did do it. What with the pandemic intervening etc.

Some really good looking things coming.

Shame my business wasn’t eligible for a monzo business account and I had to go starling, I’m really not liking their app.

1 Like

You’ll probably like their support better though

1 Like

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s just like cake batter, the support is just as gooey

1 Like

:rotating_light: 3.98.0 :rotating_light:

Happy gulls :bird: :bird: :bird:

6 Likes

Paging @Ordog

1 Like

I’m here, I’m here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was out last night - yes on a school night :laughing:

Let’s go!!!..

Version 3.98.0 (61.80 MB) :tada::tada::tada: - How to describe this week’s release notes? If you’ve seen Robert Eggers’ ‘The Lighthouse’ you’d recognise us as Robert Pattinson’s character, Winslow. We’ve been busy mending and maintaining to keep the app looking and working as it should. No gulls were harmed in the making of this release.

New Strings:

<string name="get_paid_payment_request_discover_action">Discover</string>

<string name="invoice_business_details_accept_cards_button">Set up</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_accept_cards_subtitle">Customers can choose from their favourite card payment methods.</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_accept_cards_title">Accept online cards</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_card_payments_pending_dialog_description">Stripe are reviewing your information. When they’ve activated your account, we’ll show cards as a payment option to your customers on this invoice.</string>
<string name="invoice_business_details_card_payments_pending_dialog_title">Customers can pay you by card once Stripe’s review is complete</string>

<string name="multi_account_selector_subtitle_archived">%1$d selected</string>
<string name="multi_account_selector_title_all">All accounts and pots</string>
<string name="multi_account_selector_title_all_accounts">All accounts</string>
<string name="multi_account_selector_title_all_pots">All pots</string>
<string name="multi_account_selector_title_single_provider">%1$s accounts and pots</string>
<string name="multi_account_selector_title_single_provider_accounts">%1$s accounts</string>
<string name="multi_account_selector_title_single_provider_pots">%1$s pots</string>

<string name="payment_request_accept_cards_button">Set up</string>
<string name="payment_request_accept_cards_subtitle">Customers can choose from their favourite card payment methods.</string>
<string name="payment_request_accept_cards_title">Accept online cards</string>
<string name="payment_request_additional_payment_methods_header">Additional payment methods</string>
<string name="payment_request_card_payments_pending_dialog_description">Stripe are reviewing your information. When they’ve activated your account, we’ll show cards as a payment option to your customers on this invoice.</string>
<string name="payment_request_card_payments_pending_dialog_title">Customers can pay you by card once Stripe’s review is complete</string>

<string name="vc_details_google_pay_added_title">Added to Google Pay</string>

Removed Strings:

<string name="get_paid_payment_request_info_action">Info</string>

<string name="multi_account_selector_title_all">All accounts</string>
<string name="multi_account_selector_title_single_provider">%1$s accounts</string>

New IDs

<item type="id" name="invoicePillDescriptionView" />
<item type="id" name="invoicePillImageView" />
<item type="id" name="invoicePillTitleView" />
<item type="id" name="invoicePillView" />

<item type="id" name="vcGooglePayAddedLeftDetail" />

Removed IDs:

None

New Assets:

None

Changed Assets:

None