Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

If you close the secure page, yes. However, if you switch to an app this would be similar to minimising the secure page on a desktop.

1 Like

Be nice if it didn’t though!

Doesn’t GooglePay auto do this?

1 Like

Yeah I just use Google Pay to autofill stuff like this to be honest.

4 Likes

I thought autofill dragged from GPay?

1 Like

App version: 2.33.0 :tada:

Changelog:

APK Mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-33-0-release/monzo-bank-2-33-0-android-apk-download/

Teardown: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/4?u=nexusmaniac

1 Like

Visual changes so far :eyes:

The animation for clicking on the pot buttons is now within the little circles :blush:

And the Monzo logo has changed colour :monzo: This is all throughout the app, including the app splashscreen)

(As I noticed here: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzos-forum-logo-changed-colour/57820?u=nexusmaniac)

3 Likes

Account switcher for us with joints :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And a mini change :yum:

Button at the bottom of the sign in page says “Open Email App” instead of “Open Mail App”

3 Likes

Yeah, now 2 taps instead of 1 to switch, but now with scope to add extra accounts from [insert other bank account, business account, family account here] in the vertical space above the highlighted pop-up

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I wonder why they’ve added an addition step into switching between accounts?

Perhaps it is to make room for Business accounts?

Would it not be better if there is only 1 other account that it didn’t ask because it’s obvious which one you want to switch to? :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Not a fan of the Account Switcher adding a tap. Would be okay if we had press and hold on the tabs but this brings it up to 6 taps to get to the feed for the other account :sweat:

Wouldn’t it be 4 taps:

Start at personal account Home feed (or any of the personal account tabs).
Tap 1: Account tab.
Tap 2: Select “Switch account”.
Tap 3: Select joint account on Account selector (you have now switched to your joint account).
Tap 4: Home tab.

Or am I missing something?

If it’s 4 taps, I think that’s acceptable. Although it would be better if you switched straight after clicking “Switch account” when you only have one other account.

Sorry I was including starting from cold with the app not open; for a situation like approving a 3DS.

1 Like

Does clicking on the 3DS notification still not open the correct account?

Didn’t yesterday for me sadly, spending on the JA app closed on personal. Might work the other way around but I tend to use CC online.

1 Like

Yeah the additional tap is slightly annoying but if it is to make way for Business accounts then that may not be such a bad thing. But do agree that if there is only one account would be great just to switch straight to that one

Is there a reason the internal Android/data file is still called: co.uk.getmondo ?

3 Likes

Yes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is something that monzo are unable to change, something that was set (almost) in stone when Monzo were called Mondo :eyes:

Google don’t allow developers to change this domain sadly, I believe the only way to rectify this would be for Monzo to redo their Google app account ‘thing’ and to have every Android Monzo user to install a new monzo app :see_no_evil: not ideal :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

The new account switcher is annoying as having added a second step at the opposite end of the screen. Perhaps it is time to start having some sort of rolling switcher across the top? That way you could always see which account you are currently looking at (if you are in Home it is not immediately clear if looking at joint or personal account).