Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

It makes the notifications a bit silly because now you get the whole ā€˜Monzo - join 1.7m peopleā€¦ā€™ line tacked onto the front of the notification.

I presume it was a decision by marketing.

4 Likes

Or someone forgot to press the tab key

1 Like

I hate it when apps do this :expressionless:

I have to admit, its made it less appealing to me so I cant imagine what its doing for people we are referring.

1 Like

Google themselves do it
Screenshot_20190322-204759 Screenshot_20190322-204740

McDonaldā€™s have also changed theirs very recently

Screenshot_20190324-121929

1 Like

Version: 2.41.0

Changelog:

The name has changed back to ā€œMonzo Bankā€ :sunglasses:

Teardown: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/92?u=nexusmaniac (done :smiley:)

6 Likes

Interesting to see the wording in version description explaining that ā€˜Manage Apps and Devicesā€™ options are now in app. Iā€™ve seen your topic on the manage connected app permissions before but never a reference to devices. Has anyone else seen the device reference before?

Could we be seeing the ground work for multiple device support or even a fully functional web portal? Or am i reading too much into it!

2 Likes

Could be a reference to your phone, Iā€™ve got monzo installed on my personal phone (android) and my work phone (ios) Screenshot_20190327-235718

2 Likes

Hopefully this is the groundwork for simultaneous logins for multiple devices on the same OS.

On a different note, does Monzo Web show up anywhere if youā€™re logged in?

4 Likes

Or going further, the groundwork for being able to be logged into an iPad optimised version of the app at same same as the iPhone app :grinning::+1:. I wonā€™t get myself too excited though as thereā€™s no sign of one :joy:. Wishful thinking Iā€™m sure :joy:

I canā€™t even seem to log into Monzo web. :thinking:

Screenshot_20190328-004245

Fine for me. What browser are you using?

1 Like

Clearing my cache fixed it :sweat_smile:šŸ¤¦

1 Like

7 Likes

Screenshot_20190328-005518

Android version with logos and a little typo. Unless itā€™s an abbreviated wordā€¦?

5 Likes

You can now create topics in the ā€˜feedbackā€™ section that can be voted on. Get enough votes and you never know :raised_hands:

1 Like

Version 2.41.1

No new changelog, no insights from my teardown :eyes:

Thisā€™ll be a bug fix release to a bug which I canā€™t track down :innocent:

3 Likes

Version: 2.42.0

Changelog:

Custom pot images :hot_coral_heart:

Teardown: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/96?u=nexusmaniac (done :smiley:)

5 Likes

2.42.1 out now with same changelog as above

ISAs for everyone! You can open an ISA in the app today, in the same way youā€™d set up a Savings Pot (head to your Account tab to get started).

Also: thereā€™s nothing more motivating than seeing what youā€™re saving for in front of your very eyes. So now you can choose your own Pot images - be it your dream holiday destination or a brand new hoover (we wonā€™t judge).

Would much rather s/hoover/vacuum cleaner/ but never mind.
But also ā€¦ why not both?

2 Likes

#hooversNeedHolidaysToo

2 Likes