Moneybox app integration

Yeah I think Monzo are still working on the public API and will need to add support for direct debits and faster payments, which are the roadmap previously linked. Once that’s all done then MoneyBox will be able to develop their integration. Pretty much the same story for any other third-party developer really.

So yeah it is kind of up to Monzo at the moment.

Would like to see Monzo in the round up feature on Moneybox. It do doesn’t need direct debit access just read permissions and ability to withdraw.

1 Like

It’s actually the ability to withdraw that’s coming later. Direct debits & read access are currently due in the next 6-9 months, if I’m right in assuming that the bank launch also means the launch of the open API, which will include read access.

Updates on the status of the API are being posted here but obviously there will be a blog post when the first stable version is launched.

1 Like

Would also be good read the balance of the various investments and a history of their performances.

Tom also has talked in a video about a script that would enable him to pull money back from his savings account into Monzo.

1 Like

Please make this integration happen. 2 greats products. But I think i’ll stop using Monzo until they are integrated.

1 Like

Use Monzo for my daily transactions, so it would be great to see a collaboration with Moneybox! My other account is more of a savings account, so struggling to get full use out of Moneybox at the moment, and therefore would love to see this collaboration happen in the near future!

Hi there,

I Have just signed up for MoneyBox and very excited about using it to save. Is there an update as to when MonyBox will be integrated with Monzo?

Thanks!
Anelda

Signed up to MoneyBox, looks like a great service that will complement Monzo very well indeed!

Got excited by the sound of moneybox and then realised it is iPhone only thus far. Will be interesting when this is released on Android.

This needs to happen - effectively I’m using Nationside again and stopping using Monzo as I cannot do the round up with Monzo

I asked Moneybag and they said their API is ready but Monzo’s is not ready. They are saying Monzo are causing the delay. Any chance this can happen?

Will also shoot a message from my Monzo app as well to see if there is any update on this

I’d also love to see a Moneybox integration happening. I still use my Monzo card for day to day spend, but I’d really like to use Moneybox as its intended!

Love Monzo but much more focused on saving.

I won’t be using my Monzo account until there is an integration so keep me posted…

1 Like

Would love to see an integration and would mean that I would use monzo more. Any idea on when this will happen?

Would be great to see Monzo integrated with Moneybox ASAP, its a shame it isn’t already :frowning:

1 Like

It would be awesome to get this functionality up and running as soon as possible - would love to be able to use Monzo more :slight_smile:

+1 Please push this up the backlog. :wink:

1 Like

Just signed up to Moneybox and was gutted to see it doesn’t link with my Monzo card :frowning: I will have to link it with another card, which means using my Monzo less.

Any chance of this being implemented at some point in the near future?

To give you a rough idea, Monzo need to recruit their Head of Partnerships before any integrations (with perhaps one exception - which isn’t Moneybox), get set up -

https://boards.greenhouse.io/monzo/jobs/496544#.WFz_uvnyjb0

Given the amount of interest in Moneybox in this thread, hopefully this will be one of the first integrations they do build but on the roadmap the first lot of integrations are due 6-9 months from now (& Monzo has to stabilise their API in order for any to be possible).

Just to mention, you should take the number of comments requesting the integration with a pinch of salt - apparently Moneybox have been sending users here & you can spot those users by checking out their (lack of) account activity…obviously you’re not one of those users though

Edit actually, maybe you are…

2 Likes

Yes,I was promoted by the support team at Moneybox to make the request here, as I was signing up, and disappointed to see I couldn’t connect with Monzo. What’s wrong with that?

1 Like

That’s fine, it just looks a bit odd that apparently this is the only thing that most people who’ve posted in this thread are interested in when it comes to Monzo.

Anyway, I don’t work for Monzo & I’ve not discussed this with anyone in their team so perhaps they’ll have a different perspective on this :slight_smile:

1 Like