Moneybox app integration

Yeah, any other comments I have for Monzo usually go on either Facebook or direct to their customer support in the app :slight_smile:
Anyhow, to stay on topic, it really would be great for Monzo to link up with Moneybox (Iā€™m assuming, as I have yet to use Moneybox), or roll out something similar of their own (linked to the Monzo card, in real time).
Kinda disappointed to see that Moneybox is known for sending new users over here, and weā€™re seen as forum trolls, lol.

1 Like

This is the more likely option, once Monzoā€™s API is ready companies like Moneybox will be able to connect directly & compete with other providers to provide their type of service, rather than Monzo setting up a single partnership which users would be stuck with it. Thereā€™s more details on that approach here, if youā€™re interested -

Itā€™s ok I believe youā€™re real now :laughing:

1 Like

Haha cheers, will read up on that approach as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been using Moneybox a few months; itā€™s a shame round up doesnā€™t work but not enough of a shame to stop me using my Monzo beta. Donā€™t loose sight of the opportunity to be involved in something amazing from early on.

When I look back I will be happy to say oh yeah I was in on Mondo well before it became mainstream :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe the onus should be on Moneybox to create a public API as it would then be possible to develop an integration?

1 Like

That would be good :slightly_smiling_face:

The ways that I can see this working are either a) Monzo gets their API ready & Moneybox connects to it or b) Monzo & Moneybox build an API & a third party developer sets up the integration.

Iā€™m not sure what the incentive would be for the developer to do that work in the second scenario though?

A further vote for this!

Iā€™d be really keen for integration of monzo with money box!

Iā€™d love this full integration - for the moment could an integration like with a normal credit card be done?

Currently moneybox can connect to you barclaycard account for roundups but then have a direct debit with say your Barclays account.

You can (1) read out transactions from Monzo API and (2) use their webhooks so that their inform of transactions in realtime.

Thatā€™s enough right? This is more aimed at someone form Moneybox :smiley:

1 Like

In a future where Monzo builds its marketplace, will there be a need for this type of integration?

It seems more effective to think of the ā€˜roundupā€™ savings feature as separate to where the actual savings end up being invested.

For example, Monzo could easily build a ā€˜roundupā€™ feature into its core UX and then users would have a choice (via the marketplace) of where theyā€™d like to invest their money (rather than this being done via Moneybox which charges an intermediary fee).

1 Like

Hi, I have my Monzo card & am looking forward to start using it as of tomorrow, (Payday). Iā€™m intending on putting all my monthly disposal budget on the card & all my other DDā€™s going out of my current account (Santander) so I donā€™t overspend. I can get the great Monzo analytics on my monthly disposal spends, so identify where I can save more.
However, you donā€™t support Android Pay - which is a real pain & Iā€™m well into the habit of using my phone to pay for things now. Backwards step if I begin using Monzo now.
& I just tried to sign up to MoneyBox, great little savings tool long overdue in the UK, but Monzo doesnā€™t support it! Seems like exactly the innovative idea Monzo would use.

I know you guys are in Beta, but thought feedback would be useful.

Always useful, thanks Tony!

In terms of Android pay weā€™ll be revisiting this once we launch as a bank!

Itā€™s a lot of work to accommodate, considering weā€™ll be switching to our own payments system in house after the launch. It would be a lot of work to put the infrastructure in place to support Android pay now with our current payments system, and then start again to do the same thing with a different payments system in a few months!

2 Likes

I think this is a better option, rather than making it Moneybox specific (unless Moneybox is building the functionality themselves).

Moneybox is quite expensive at Ā£1 a month plus percentage fees so unless youā€™re adding extra money in beyond your round ups itā€™s probably not the best option. If Monzo allowed you to round up (other banks already do this) then you can put the money where you want.

+1. I would probably use it to round up everything that I spend on Monzo but take it out of my Lloyds account that I get paid into, like my barclaycard currently does.

Obviously they canā€™t use the API until itā€™s stable, so iā€™m just adding my voice at this point!

Again, Iā€™m another supporter of a Moneybox integration or a round up investment feature being added to Monzo.

Had my card for a long time but Iā€™ve unfortunately had to stop using it as my primary card due to it not integrating with Moneybox - the purpose of being an early adopter with ā€˜Mondoā€™ was the obvious benefits of taking control of my finances in an attempt to save more using the powerful metrics on spending. However, Moneybox allows me to be way more proactive without much effort by using the round up feature and putting it straight into tracker funds which trumps the stats in Monzoā€™s app for me.

With that bein said, Iā€™d much rather have the best of both worlds rather than a trade off, so it would be great to see this built out.

1 Like

Without being rude, or coming across as shouting, may I please say to all of the above:

Have some patience, please, for goodness sake. Itā€™s on the way, but monzo canā€™t do this until their current account, when their API will allow the moving of funds.

In the meantime, enjoy Monzo, - it will definitely save you money. And take some cash from your current account and plunk it in your Moneybox ISA. Enjoy both products, chill out, enjoy the ride and smile. Things are on their way.

9 Likes

A further vote for this!!

Couldnā€™t have put it better myself! :+1:

1 Like

Yes please. I love Monzo and also Moneybox so a bit torn currently as to which to use. I second the plea to make it possible to link the two so I dont have to choose! :):slight_smile:

Weā€™re just letting the guys know theres still demand for this.

1 Like