I’m trying to get my finances in order, to set up good habits for the future. I’ll give a run down of my current situation - would love to hear your ideas.
I just need a little help in how much is a good amount to be spending/saving with my circumstances.
£1525 monthly NET.
- £174 on CC - 0% pay £100 a month so should be at zero in a couple of months.
- £50 a month on petrol.
- Car insurance, MOT & TAX = £1000 a year.
- car maintenance - £150 for a service (ish) - yearly.
- no car payments - drive an old banger & happy with it for now.
- £20 phone bill
- £7.80 pet insurance
- £8.80 prescription
- £22.99 gym p/m
- Amazon prime, Spotify & Netflix: £15 a month
- Student loan (overpayment repayments) £10.00
- DFS sofas - £40 a month
I try to save around £500-800 a month depending.
£2,000 - Santander 123 Graduate Account - 3% interest.
£1,015 - Monzo ISA - 1.15%
£250 - Nationwide 5% saver - 5%
£1 - Newcastle LISA - planning on transferring the Monzo ISA money through once I call up and get my username/password reset.
- bring lunch in 4/5 days - out with colleagues for lunch on a Friday.
- spend a shitload on takeaways - £200 a month ish?
- don’t really go out much - struggle with anxiety & depression
What would you do if these were your finances?