Mobile networks

https://community.giffgaff.com/d/33787933-issues-with-sms-and-call-services-and-mobile-data-16th-may-2023

This must be newish

Seems like switching to 3G allows calls and texts to work according to some comments.

1 Like

Wonder if it’s a sign they’re moving over to a new system to allow giffgaff and other mvnos 4G/WiFi calling etc :sweat_smile:

Likely overthinking, but it’s about time.

2 Likes

I was also thinking this, hopefully, but also hopefully this doesn’t mean it’s been pushed back an extra 12 months.

2 Likes

Well they need to commit to shutting down 3G at some point surely :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I pulled the trigger.

iPhone 14 Pro Max delivers tomorrow :sweat_smile:

Any case recommendations? I had an apple leather on my 12 and it fell to bits after about 8 months.

Contemplating this one.

2 Likes

IMG_1810

3 Likes

Whatever you do, avoid GiffGaff like the plague. Currently dealing with a returns issue
 where they are refusing to refund me after Royal Mail lost the phone in transit back to them. Who arranged the tracked return? GiffGaff. Who is refusing to raise a lost item claim with Royal Mail? GiffGaff. Utterly absurd situation to be stuck with
 no phone nor money. Be warned!

1 Like

Raise a chargeback via your debit/credit provider if you paid any money.

I got mine direct via O2.

The Otterbox Figura cases are pretty and they feel well made. I have the multicolour one and I like it.

1 Like

Yup begging Chase to do it

1 Like

I’ve had OtterBox before.

AppleCare+ Loss & Theft and going bare

4 Likes

Is that what was going on yesterday? Was out an about playing PokĂ©mon game, got a notification to say data wasn’t available and kicked off PokĂ©mon go.

My housemate was with me, also on Sky, was connected perfectly fine, so tethered through them.

They never had any issues, but from that moment i fluctuated between having no service to having service but no data for pretty much all day.

Think that’s the push I need to get me to leave.

I really like Sky. It’s a shame they use o2 and not EE.

3 Likes

Does the device not get hot? I recall my 12 getting quite a temp, and my pixel pro does sometimes :sweat_smile:

You wouldn’t when the prices tripled :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I never had a device get so hot as to be uncomfortable to hold – but surely it would get even hotter with a case on given a big lump of plastic isn’t the best for heat dissipation?

1 Like

Never felt it through a case so wouldn’t bother me, I use my phone a lot.

When I go caseless I put my MagSafe wallet on the back, makes it way more comfortable to hold, perfect for putting it down and not worrying about scratching the back, and helps with comfort when it gets a bit warm (usually only happens if I’m using it in a sunny place making the brightness go up to max).

You don’t feel it but your battery sure does!

2 Likes

I had a fake apple leather case, felt and looked the same as the original, just no apple logo or case animation when you put it on
 for £20, still fell apart

It didn’t have durable outer casing to prevent fall apart, like the Carnivale

3 Likes

My OtterBox cases have always been solid.

Same goes for my Caseology case for my Pixel. It’s been a lifesaver on multiple occasions :sweat_smile: