Merchant Data Corrections

Over the past few days all of my Co-Op transactions regardless of store have changed name to a specific store in Barnstaple. What makes this even more bizarre is this Co-Op below is literally across the road from their head office and the address still shows as normal…

1 Like

@cj95

I’ve just had a look at this for you… I believe they should now be just Co-op?

5 Likes

Still showing as Co-Op Fremington, I’ll check again later. Thanks for looking!

Sometimes you have to clear the app cache :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ordog @Lewis01 All sorted now, thanks!

2 Likes

I had the same thing since Tuesday 8th - all Co-op transactions were showing as ‘Co-op Fremington’ (never been there!)

But now they are all showing just ‘Co-op’, which is nice.

3 Likes

I’d track down which COp did the original change to be Fremington and give them a stern talking to. It used to be that some merchants were locked to prevent this kind of shenanigans, maybe this needs to be too.

3 Likes

The Co-op is now locked so changes like this can’t be made :pray:

5 Likes

How long to fix this? I have reset the app and cleared cache.

I’ve generally found that when in the ‘Home’ display, simply tapping on ‘Payments’ and then on ‘Home’ forces a refresh of the Home screen (:android:)

1 Like

Didn’t work unfortunately :disappointed:

Delete the app & reinstall it. Tends to sort any pesky caching issues. :slight_smile: or don’t, if you’re not that bothered.

1 Like

I fixed this the other night, if it’s still showing incorrectly it’s likely a caching issue on your device. Try deleting and reinstalling the app and it should be look all good :pray:

2 Likes

One thing that I’ve discovered, which is probably because the tooling isn’t sophisticated enough, is that transactions through a third party with a prefix (like Curve with *CRV) are usually in different merchant groups.

So the Co-op is still called “The Co-operative Food” when you pay with Curve. Correct logo, though.

(Curve transactions also got changed from online to geolocating by what’s presumably Curve’s head office a year or so ago. Which really messed things up).

1 Like

Speaking of co op, some of my recent purchases there have come through with really weird and completely wrong merchant names recently. They’ve all been fixed now and show as co op, but the most recent one had the merchant name Fenton, a jewellery brand.

2 Likes

“Fenton”

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Haha literally came to mind as well so glad you posted this.

2 Likes

Can this be put back to Esso and not Esso Rely which is actually in France lool I don’t know why so many merchants are randomly changing as of late but it’s not a good look.

1 Like

Are there any further updates on PayPal transactions to Patreon still ignoring the transaction info and just listing them as PayPal?

Most or all other PayPal transactions are being categorised just fine, it’s only Patreon ones, even though the detail is in the same format (PAYPAL *MERCHANT_NAME other_stuff). It used to work fine unti November last year, even though the detail is in the same format as before and other PayPal transactions are fine. It almost seems like someone manually changed it to give less specific enrichment.

This has been reported a couple of times and was also being looked into here but I guess it got lost along the way somewhere.

2 Likes

eBay?!

They’re a printing label company!

And what’s with the address?

5 Likes