Meet the next generation: Monzo for Under 16s 🎉

Might be good for Autumn holidays? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m in :partying_face:

Everyone check your emails and app notifications

2 Likes

Today is the day! :tada:

To those of you who joined the Under 16s community early access list - we can finally give you early access and have you try out Monzo for Under 16s :tada:

We’re so excited to hear what you think. We’re giving you early access first so we get your valuable feedback before slowly rolling it out to customers who joined our general waitlist. Please continue to share your feedback on this thread, we’ll be watching :eyes:

This is just the beginning and we know there are some key features that would make the account even better - we’re busy working on them.

You should get an email from us shortly inviting you to be one of the first to get Monzo for Under 16s. You’ll be able to set up the account after that. Heads up, you’ll need the latest version of the app and an email address for your child – it can’t be the same as your own.

:information_source: A few things to know: Children must be aged 6–15, and you’ll need a parent/guardian account. Ts&Cs apply, UK residents only.

Please make sure that you’re on the most recent version of the app :pray:

13 Likes

I’m trying to sign up but after I agree to the legal bits I just get dropped back to the Home Screen.

4 Likes

I went through all the steps but keep getting kicked out of the app :sob:

Jinx. As @Kumnaa says

4 Likes

Getting the same as you guys

2 Likes

I’m on Android by the way. There are no app updates either

2 Likes

Same for me.

2 Likes

After accepting the t&cs it goes straight back to the Home Screen :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi all! We’re just taking a look into this now and we’ll update shortly, thanks for the patience.

11 Likes

So near but so far :frowning:

Just got my message to say that I am in, however, daughter has now secured a proper account with a bricks and mortar bank, so of no use now :person_shrugging:

All set up and two very happy children excited to receive their Monzo cards in the post!

I got the same initial going back to the home screen glitch but it worked fine after a couple of attempts (I’m on android)

6 Likes

Retrying doesn’t seem to work for me on ios

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you all for being right on the cutting edge of our new Under 16s account! For those of you who are having trouble creating an account, it looks like we weren’t correctly enforcing the minimum app version check before you got into account signup.

We’re in the process of putting the check back in, but in the mean time please double check you’re on version 5.86.0!

8 Likes

I’m on 5.87 from Testflight

5.86.1 here, not working yet :pray:t2:

Interesting! If you’re ok with it, please could you DM me your Monzo login email address so we can look into it?

I’m on TestFlight 5.87 and it doesn’t work for me. Also tried the App Store version and that does the same at the “The legal bit” just puts me back to the account Home screen when I click agree.

1 Like

Same